Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 03:03 AM

257 posts, read 1,081,051 times

Advertisements

Hi, currently my salary is $19000 a year, not much to live on. But in my relocation efforts I have found that if I transfer I will have to lose some of that salary because the locations have a lower cost of living. Well, yes that is why I am choosing these places because I can live there on these wages, but at the same time I will lose them? hhhhmmm, trade off? So my question to you guys is, should I choose a different area of KY? Like a bigger population as is Louisville? Covington? where it will still be somewhat cheap and I could still make it on lets say $18000 a year? Am I choosing the wrong places, like the smaller areas in KY, and TN that are more desirable because they are cheaper? Its all relative, but its not like I make alot of money to begin with..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 04:31 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
First of all, if you are just assuming that you can transfer your career to a new abode, then am I to assume that you will need either hi-speed internet or some other form of communication service?

Old 07-15-2007, 02:58 PM

24 posts, read 430,422 times
It used to be pretty easy to live on THAT in the smaller towns. But it's getting very difficult. Rent used to be somewhere around 350 for a house and apartment but now it's more like 550. And gas has gone up and still rising which means heating and cooling is ridiculous. So, if you are making 18000 I would say go back to college and use the money as a supplement to help you make a living and then when you graduate get a better job that will support you. Thats what we are doing now, except we are leaving Kentucky because it's not as great as the brochures say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky