Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2007, 06:40 PM

14 posts, read 63,026 times

Advertisements

We are thinking of either TN or KY.We are presently in the Tampa Bay are and plan to sell soon.We love it here and live in a great neighborhood/community about a mi from the Gulf.My husband got sick last June and is now on disability.We are looking for acerage of 5+ that has a mountain.river or lake access/view.What towns around Frankfort fit this description?How are property taxes and insurance?Thanks,Virginia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 12:31 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Both the Kentucky River and Elkhorn Creek flow around/through/near Frankfort. The Kentucky River is somewhat slow flowing because the lock system has fallen in disrepair over the years and action has not been taken yet to either restore the locks or return it to a free-flowing river. Elkhorn Creek was once one of the county's premier smallmouth creeks and is returning to better health after action was taken to reduce pollution/dumping from Lexington. That said, I don't know how available/costly river access is these days. Someone else will need to comment on that.

There are hills and "knobs" aplenty north of Frankfort along both US 127 and US 421, and the Ohio River is a relatively short drive from Frankfort; many residents make day trips up that way to enjoy fishing the big river waters.

Old 02-02-2007, 10:21 PM

246 posts, read 1,057,227 times
Default highliner

You could hardly have picked a better time to check out the capitol city of Kentucky. Prices are on the slide, right after several years of heavy developmental activity. If river access is what you desire, then I suggest looking at Glenn's Creek Road. It is a truly beautiful area, so much so that you won't believe that you're right next to a significant metro area. P.S. I am not employed in real estate, I just love Franklin county, Ky.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vl4jesus View Post
We are thinking of either TN or KY.We are presently in the Tampa Bay are and plan to sell soon.We love it here and live in a great neighborhood/community about a mi from the Gulf.My husband got sick last June and is now on disability.We are looking for acerage of 5+ that has a mountain.river or lake access/view.What towns around Frankfort fit this description?How are property taxes and insurance?Thanks,Virginia
I hope things are better for your husband and would think by now you have most likly already relocated but if not i am a frankfort native and local realestate agent and would gladly help if needed

Old 08-03-2007, 07:28 AM

43 posts, read 54,248 times
We moved here from Tampa Bay area and originally looked at Frankfort because it was the capitol, but decided on Breckinridge county because of the dirt cheap prices for real estate. I have gone to Frankfort many times for training because of my state job, and am glad we moved here rather than there.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:12 AM

14 posts, read 63,026 times
Smile re:looking for acerage around Frankfort

Thanks for the info.We bought 10 acres in Winchester.We are on the Ky.River.We need to sell our house here in Fl.before we build.Any input about this area and why thr river isn't "flowing"will be appreciated.We will be in Clark county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky