U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-29-2011, 02:50 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,545,890 times

Advertisements

Finally, some GOOD information to report for Kentucky!

Best Cities for Job Growth 2011 | Newgeography.com (divided into small, medium, large U.S. metropolitan areas)
All Cities Rankings - 2011 Best Cities for Job Growth | Newgeography.com (lists all U.S. metros)

I just found this by accident a few minutes ago.

Four Kentucky metropolitan areas are in the top 100:
16. Elizabethtown/Hardin County
31. Clarksville, TN/Hopkinsville, KY
62. Bowling Green
88. Owensboro

Other Kentucky metros include:
103. Lexington
176. Evansville, IN/Henderson, KY
230. Louisville/New Albany, IN
292. Huntington, WV/Ashland, KY/Ironton, OH
313. Cincinnati/Middletown, OH/Covington, KY

Nashville and Knoxville, very close to Kentucky and cities to which many of our residents commute, scored #48 and #94, respectively.

Not surprisingly, five of the top ten cities were in Texas; the others were Bismarck (actually makes sense), New Orleans , Dubuque, Manhattan (KS), and Pascagoula.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 07:08 PM

3,459 posts, read 5,545,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Finally, some GOOD information to report for Kentucky!

Best Cities for Job Growth 2011 | Newgeography.com (divided into small, medium, large U.S. metropolitan areas)
All Cities Rankings - 2011 Best Cities for Job Growth | Newgeography.com (lists all U.S. metros)

I just found this by accident a few minutes ago.

Four Kentucky metropolitan areas are in the top 100:
16. Elizabethtown/Hardin County
31. Clarksville, TN/Hopkinsville, KY
62. Bowling Green
88. Owensboro

Other Kentucky metros include:
103. Lexington
176. Evansville, IN/Henderson, KY
230. Louisville/New Albany, IN
292. Huntington, WV/Ashland, KY/Ironton, OH
313. Cincinnati/Middletown, OH/Covington, KY

Nashville and Knoxville, very close to Kentucky and cities to which many of our residents commute, scored #48 and #94, respectively.

Not surprisingly, five of the top ten cities were in Texas; the others were Bismarck (actually makes sense), New Orleans , Dubuque, Manhattan (KS), and Pascagoula.
Any thoughts?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:24 AM

15,111 posts, read 17,619,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Any thoughts?
Thoughts

- I'm seeing firsthand what the BRAC infusion is doing for Hardin County. Several new stores are opening up. New homes are going up all over the place. Hardin Co is sitting pretty for a couple of years.

- Good showing overall for Kentucky.

- Things aren't getting any easier in Louisville employment-wise. My job is going away by 2013 and I'm likely going to try to transfer into another role somewhere else because my company has nothing else in Louisville and my odds aren't great of finding something else here.

- I'm very surprised that Texas' big cities outdid my former home of the Wash DC area. I would definitely head to Houston or Austin if they had more federal employment options. I'll probably head there anyway but as much BS as I talk about federal workers, the feds are the sweetest deal out there.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:33 AM

508 posts, read 881,549 times
Another dumb list based on non-farm payroll changes weighted to population. If I were looking for a high paying job you wouldn't catch me in most of their top cities.

All you highly educated recent college grads can head to Owensboro or Hopkinsville in search of that great job opportunitiy. Both are ranked higher than Lexington and Louisville so it must be a better job market there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky