U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 05:04 PM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,011,913 times

Advertisements

Looks like this heat wave your all getting is trying to bring up the average when it comes to summer temperatures! Hope your all right over there, drink lots of water, and stay in-doors as much as you can.

Your not alone, recently we just came through Colorado and Utah on our way back to CA. for 4 days straight the weather averaged 104+ with as high as 114 in parts of Utah and Nevada, and even 112 in CA at Baker. Ugh.

At least you can look forward to some cooling off soon!

We CA like to brag sometimes about our Sunny mild weather in the middle of winter, but us CA forget to mention how we sometimes have 90-105 degree weeks sometimes from May all the way to November. That get's old sometimes when you actually want a spring or fall!

Oh just thinkin' about you all over there. Will be there hopefully by next summer and I am hoping you won't be quite this bad by next July/Aug. Will see eh? Ciao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 12,119 times
It's pretty warm! I'm just thankful I don't have to work outside right now. For those who do, I guess they just need to drink plenty of liquids and try not to get too hot! Great advice, huh? It should start cooling off around the end of September. Some rain would help tremendously but I don't know if we have any rain in the forecast. Even that would only help temporarily...it will be so humid afterwards it will seem worse than it is now! Kentucky weather...you gotta love it!

Old 08-06-2007, 09:57 PM

5,288 posts, read 17,978,411 times
I live in So. California near the beach and this has been the coolest summer I can ever remember and I have lived here my whole live....we have rarely reached more than 80 degrees and most of the days have been in the mid 70's.

I've been in Kentucky for the last few Septembers and it has been gorgeous and the temperature just right - I was there in May and it was so nice - I think Kentucky really has a fairly short summer compared to many places...but when it gets hot and humid, it is pretty miserable.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:07 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,967,263 times
Thank you for your kind words and concern. We'll pull out of it soon I hope and get back to our NORMAL heat and humidity lol

Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,321,742 times
I think the forecast is to hit 100 today.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:58 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,967,263 times
Yup. I guess the kids and I will be house-bound (or maybe flea market bound... who knows)

Old 08-07-2007, 09:19 PM

508 posts, read 1,318,477 times
Ah, it's all good. Fall is just around the corner and well worth the wait. Having a warm summer makes it that much better. Can't wait for the fall foliage and taking weekend trips to the RRG.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:36 PM

666 posts, read 2,255,359 times
i dont think we have that short of a summer really, not compared to northern states, its kind of too long for me, especially when it gets to be this hot out, 101 wednesday and 102 thursday...too hot for me...

Old 08-07-2007, 10:46 PM

Default Hot in KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Ah, it's all good. Fall is just around the corner and well worth the wait. Having a warm summer makes it that much better. Can't wait for the fall foliage and taking weekend trips to the RRG.
What is RRG? Just curious. Inquiring minds want to know. Ciao.

Old 08-07-2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
I live in So. California near the beach and this has been the coolest summer I can ever remember and I have lived here my whole live....we have rarely reached more than 80 degrees and most of the days have been in the mid 70's.

I've been in Kentucky for the last few Septembers and it has been gorgeous and the temperature just right - I was there in May and it was so nice - I think Kentucky really has a fairly short summer compared to many places...but when it gets hot and humid, it is pretty miserable.
Lucky you. I live in Thousand Oaks, lots of 95 degree days this year. Last week or so we even saw a week straight when compared to Lexington or Fort Mitchell we were "higher" humidity than them [un-usually so] Ugh.

What brings you back and forth from CA to KY? Family? Ciao.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or