U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 09:39 AM

13,573 posts, read 21,722,776 times

Advertisements

Sadly some of the posts on this forum show that Kentuckians bash Kentuckians as much as other states do..I don't often post here, because I am from East Ky. It seems that everytime I post it is in defense of my part of Ky ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 09:41 AM

2,064 posts, read 6,018,157 times
We are going way off topic here, but this could be fun. I now live in 'bama, so here it goes.

Alabama: racism, southern belles, sweet tea, BBQ, Christian conservatives

Old 08-09-2007, 10:02 AM

32 posts, read 164,296 times
I'm lovin' it...

And I don't think it's off-topic at all. It makes the point that no matter where you go, someone is going to think you're crazy for wanting to live there.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:32 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,955,891 times
Well ya'll know Kentucky's: backwards toothless, living in a shack racist hicks who thump bibles daily preaching hellfire and brimstone. (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with the word of God...)

Old 08-09-2007, 10:33 AM

323 posts, read 989,404 times
EX-Californian here.. I totally concur with Whoabuck's Cali stereo-type... The valley girl impression cracked me up... I actually used to talk like that... (Oh totally rad dude... I mean I totally think that's totally awesome). I didn't even realize I spoke that way until moving here and my boss hired me because of my accent. HAH!

and I just needed to add that when I first moved here to KY... many people thought us "Californians" (rolling of eyes when being said) LOL saw movie stars every day just walking down our streets. Everyone was rich, and we never get snow... it's just sunshine and beaches 365 days a year!

Old 08-09-2007, 10:51 AM

1,833 posts, read 5,870,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Sadly some of the posts on this forum show that Kentuckians bash Kentuckians as much as other states do..I don't often post here, because I am from East Ky. It seems that everytime I post it is in defense of my part of Ky ..
Don't feel like the lone ranger, I'm in rural western KY and I read all these "rural" comments and the "nothing to do, racist hick" western KY etc etc ... some folks seem to think the only place in KY is Louisville or Lexington ... and a town is not a town unless it has a Wal-Mart. I'd say that the folks that make these comments have been to neither eastern or western KY and haven't gotten very far from home.

Speaking of stereotypes ... metro New Yorkers .... bossy, rude, obnoxious, loud, think NYC is the center of the universe ... wait these is stereotypes not facts, ok never mind.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:59 PM

3,061 posts, read 7,458,103 times
Give me a town without a Walmart and I would be in heaven. Cannot stand that store.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:28 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,955,891 times
Quote:
That is sadly true. My brother just dud that very thing today. Aggrivating!

Old 08-12-2007, 07:26 AM

190 posts, read 747,240 times
Quote:
Hi blue,

I don't think we "bash" each other as much as poke fun at one another-at least that's how I take it . Now, if someone gets on here and really starts slinging put-downs, I'm one of the first to put them in their place. I'm proud to be from KY, as I should be. Please, post-post-post! As long as intelligent, well-spoken, kind people such as yourself responds appropriately to the negative posts, the stigmatization of being from KY(especially E-KY) lessens. I got ya back!
~joanna~

Old 08-18-2007, 05:41 AM

850 posts, read 2,906,547 times
Default Here you go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
Give me a town without a Walmart and I would be in heaven. Cannot stand that store.
Then come to the great little city of Lebanon Junction! South of Louisville and just north of Elizabethtown, conveniently located to I-65 at the 105 exit - and only a Family Dollar to shop at! We lovingly call it our "L.J. Wal-Mart".

Oh, we did get a Mcdonalds about 3 years ago, and the entire town is in Heaven! Sometimes it pays to live in a small town.....and I am beginning to share your retail sentiments.

KimmieyKY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky