U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 06:59 AM

23 posts, read 91,004 times

Advertisements

OHIO- Buckeye, worthless nut.. Super Walmarts based about 15 miles apart, Kroger's across from most all Walmarts. Lowes always close by. Where do we shop? Occupied by former Kentuckians and those from Tennessee, but don't tell the locals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2007, 12:48 PM

76 posts, read 311,376 times
Kentucky ... Fast horses and Wild women or is it Fast women and Wild horses, everybody has two first names Jim Bob, Billy Joe and etc. Every pickup has a shotgun hanging from the back window. Everyone wears denin bib overalls, red cecked bandana and has a corn cob pipe in their mouth.

JUST KIDDING, I love KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the small town I live in. We have hunters, fishermen/fisherwomen, factory workers and professionals. We like to look out and see trees, bushes and flowers not concrete and blacktop. We like seeing wildlife and all of God's creations.

In years past most people as they grew up stayed in close proximity where they were born. With all the means of transportation we have now, people do not stay in the area where they were born. So your next door neighbor could be from any where.

Love your neighbor! A neighbor is any one you may meet.

Have a blessed day,
KYHummingbird

Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 PM

3,061 posts, read 7,455,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmieyky View Post
Then come to the great little city of Lebanon Junction! South of Louisville and just north of Elizabethtown, conveniently located to I-65 at the 105 exit - and only a Family Dollar to shop at! We lovingly call it our "L.J. Wal-Mart".

Oh, we did get a Mcdonalds about 3 years ago, and the entire town is in Heaven! Sometimes it pays to live in a small town.....and I am beginning to share your retail sentiments.

KimmieyKY
OHHH that does sound like heaven. I grew up in small town here in Maine with a population of 500. Now live in town of 5000 and its TOO big for my liking. I love the small town life.

Old 08-22-2007, 01:16 PM

5 posts, read 25,426 times
Thank eastern kentucky for the stereotypes. Western kentucky does there best to help as well. I hear the music to deliverance in my head....

Old 08-23-2007, 08:54 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,950,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk06 View Post
Thank eastern kentucky for the stereotypes. Western kentucky does there best to help as well. I hear the music to deliverance in my head....
and you are doing your best to keep it going. By the way, it is THEIR not THERE when you talked about Western KY.

Old 08-23-2007, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 25,426 times
Thanks for the grammer lesson....I went to school in EKY..just kidding. I'm not doing my best to keep it up...I don't live in that area. The area i'm from has kept up with the times, progressed and quit living in the past and doing things a certain way just because it's always been done that way before. The people are kind in Eastern Kentucky but the overall attitude should change. Go to any college in kentucky and ask the students who are from Eastern kentucky if they plan on going back after college and I promise you that at least seven in ten won't due to job opportunites or not wanting to take a step back in time after they have gotten out. Harsh maybe but I speak what a lot of others think. Stereotypes always have a bit of truth behind them....like it or not. Until things progress, something other than mining takes over the region and people from that area get the word out then the reputation will remain the same.

Old 08-24-2007, 08:52 AM

323 posts, read 989,114 times
Well UK06.. I think a lot of what you are saying about Eastern Kentucky is true, but at the same time, don't you find it a little presumptuous to believe that just because "you enjoy progressive" that everyone does? I was born and raised in "progressive and diverse" California and to be honest with you. I think living here in Eastern Kentucky is absolute heaven. Yall can keep your "progression" and I'll keep "living behind the times" in peace, quiet and tranquility. Wow.. and I actually DO have a good job here.. and it's NOT in the Coal industry OR the health care industry. Hurrumph!

But hey.. you keep on telling it like it is about good ole' Eastern Kentucky. We don't want people finding out about our secret and moving here to ruin it all. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky