U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2007, 11:38 AM

3 posts, read 10,320 times

Advertisements

Hi! My husband are moving to the Lexington area from Louisville but want to live in either Versailles or Georgetown. So I'd like to ask those in the know, what is your opinion of both towns (homes, quality of schools, nice people, things to do, etc.)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 09:37 AM

180 posts, read 649,513 times
We too would like to hear about these two towns. We visited both places the end of July, (drove thru G-town, but spent a little time in the Versailles area). Since we are looking for a farm to buy within a half-hour commute to Lex, we had the chance to drive around Versailles, have lunch etc., and we left with a great impression of the area and people. We also liked the Paris area, but think property might be more expensive there. Any information will be appreciated!!

Old 12-03-2007, 06:26 PM

1 posts, read 2,575 times
Default I might be biased but...

I'm a high school senior in Versailles and I love it here.
This year our school was ranked in the top 1300 high schools across the nation, and we are very proud of that. Our wrestling team has won the state championship 13 times, and every fall sport won our District Competition this year.
Our Elementary schools and Middle School are all top-notch schools as well. I personally went to Huntertown, so I might be a little biased towards it, but I must say, it's a pretty amazing school. (And you can take my opinion on schools, I'm ranked 10th in my class of 283.)
We are very close to Lexington, (Fayette Mall is about 20 minutes from my house) and other stores like Wal-Mart and Lowes are about 15.Most places in Lexington can be accessed in less than 30 minutes.

As for shopping IN Versailles, there isn't much. We have a K-mart, and some boutique-type shopping in downtown, just little trinket stores mostly.

We don't have much in the way of sit-down food unless you like Chinese and Mexican food. We have 2 chinese restaraunts and about 5 Mexican restaraunts. (I would have to recommmend Mi Pueblito's - Mi Pueb's for short- It's amazing, fast, and cheap.) One of my friends owns one of the chinese restaraunts and her family is very sweet, the service and prices are both good. We have most fast-food restaraunts: McDonalds, Wendy's, Arby's, Subway (2), Dairy Queen, Little Caesar's Pizza, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, Long John Silver's, A&W, KFC, and soon to be Taco Bell. AND OF COURSE if you're a coffee lover: STARBUCKS (Located in Kroger). Everything in Versailles is very centrally located.

As for housing- there is actually a new neighborhood going up across the road from my house. There are new neighborhoods popping up everywhere- and if you're not looking for a new house, there are many other houses or apartments for sale.

I love Versailles. The people are very friendly, and while we may not have a lot in the way of attractions or shopping, my friends and I always find stuff to do.
I've been to Georgetown and I like it there too, but Versailles is amazing and if you haven't moved here yet, you should.

Old 12-07-2007, 12:30 AM

2 posts, read 4,799 times
Default versailles is my pick

I have not lived in Versailles. However, I have relatives that do. They love it and I always enjoy going to Versailles. There may not be a lot of choices in dining and/or shopping Lexington is just a hop skip and jump away. Georgetown exploded when Toyota came to town 20 years ago. Either would be a great place to live. However, I would give Versailles my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or