U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 12:37 PM

2 posts, read 11,633 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]The following is a copy of a letter I sent one month ago to the owner of this restaurant with no response. I have also sent this to KFC HQ. Because I have received no response, I am using this forum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]To whom it may concern: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Subject: Filthy KFC Restaurant, 812 Mammoth Cave St., Cave City, KY[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]On June 24th, My wife and I with three grandchildren ate at your restaurant J718140. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The KFC receipt for $26.76 was named by Amanda E. at 19.40 (PM).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]When we walked in, I saw paper trash everywhere on the floor. I have never seen a restaurant floor so filthy. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]After placing our order, my 70 year old wife took a broom standing nearby, and began sweeping the floor! She did this I know to defuse me, as I was very turned off by the filthy floor. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]A male employee came from the kitchen area, and approached my wife. Rather than take the broom from her, he just glanced at her, walked around her, and went out the door to have a cigarette break! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I ate with my back to the counter and kitchen, as I did not want to look at the employees. I did get up from the table to go to the menís restroom to wash my hands. The entire walkway to the restrooms was a sheet of grease! I literally skated to the menís room! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]I counted five employees in the restaurant. There were no other customers when we entered. Clearly some employee could have swept the outer floor, and cleaned the walkway to the rest rooms of the grease. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]This restaurant is clearly the filthiest restaurant I have ever been in. In fact, I have never before complained about a dirty restaurant. I have sent many letters of compliments. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Should you request it, I have the receipt from this KFC visit. [/SIZE]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 01:38 PM

323 posts, read 989,260 times
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Can't say as I've ever been to Cave City, so thankfully won't be eating there anytime soon!

Thanks for the warning though. I hope you get a response from the franchise, owner, or somebody!

Old 08-21-2007, 04:25 AM

190 posts, read 747,153 times
Default Kfc

Thanks! My bunch is planning on going to Cave City this weekend, and our kids usually talk us into eating in at least one fast-food place. We've been there a couple of times, but never went to KFC. Now I think I will avoid it! When we went last year, we ate at a restaurant located directly across from the exit. I cannot for the life of me think of the name, but it was something like Country Kitchen (???) and later that evening had supper at a little diner in the older section of town. Both were excellent. The next morning we ate at McDonalds, and although crowded, kept the line moving right along. I guess every town has that one restaurant that everyone wonders how the health department leaves it open!

Hope you enjoyed your stay there otherwise! We are looking forward to the caves, and all the fun. Yes, we are going to Guntown Mountain again. The kids love the skylift and the comedy shows. The country band that sings there does an excellent job. Plus, the Natural History Museum is a must, and we are planning on riding horses again at the stables.

All the best,
~joanna~

Old 08-21-2007, 02:37 PM

3 posts, read 15,635 times
Have tried to report to the FDA or local inspectors, KFC is not known for have a good management or even good franchise owners.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,870,092 times
If you walk into a restaurant and it filthy before you even order, then why order? Why not turn around and leave and find a cleaner restaurant? Seems the best way to send a business a message is not to do business with them at all.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:48 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,953,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
If you walk into a restaurant and it filthy before you even order, then why order? Why not turn around and leave and find a cleaner restaurant? Seems the best way to send a business a message is not to do business with them at all.
I agree. I would never eat somewhere that was filthy to begin with.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:04 AM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
857 posts, read 2,667,958 times

Old 08-22-2007, 08:44 AM

3,061 posts, read 7,456,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
My thoughts exactly. I will not eat in a dirty restaurant and have left one before.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 11,633 times
Update: The area District Manager phoned me and was extremely apologetic. The KFC manager was out for personal reasons at the time of my experience. They put someone in charge that they "thought" would be OK, but was not. I was offered a refund, free visit, or whatever I felt would be satisfactory. The sincere apology and explanation was sufficient for me.
Why did we eat there? It was 7 PM, we were exhausted from travelling and very hungry, and did not know of any other fast food restaurant there. The food was great, typical good KFC. Would we repeat the experience in the future at any other restaurant? NO! We learned our lesson the hard way.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:00 PM

Location: North of the Cow Pasture and South of the Wind Turbines
857 posts, read 2,667,958 times

Seriously good job if people do not stand up for their beliefs and not let the corporate idiots ruin our eats - then all is lost - Good Job!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky