U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 AM

9 posts, read 29,590 times

Advertisements

Thank you! Northfielder, I have had the same experience as Wazzup. You are a sweet person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 07:09 AM

Default I am new to this site

Hi, I am new to this site, do not really know how to navigate it yet, but may I also add, that my family and I are very nice friendly Christian people from New Jersey, I have 3 GOOD kids, no drugs, drinking, nothing to that effect. I do not care for the disrespect we get in certain rural sections of Kentucky. Shelbyville included. Some people are nice, until they hear our NY/NJ accents, most are wonderful people, please why not change attutide toward us, stop calling us names, telling us to leave... It's a free country. It also boosts your economy, by us spending our money $$$$$$$$ and yes, we do have ALOT of it!!!! from working and living in "The MOST EXPENSIVE STATE TO LIVE IN, WITH HIGHEST WAGES," moving to your beloved home state. We are doing you a favor.

STOP THE HATRED, AND GET REAL... WE ARE HAVING A MAJOR RECESSION, AND SO MANY PROBLEMS IN THE US. WE ARE ALL AMERICAN'S, REGARDLESS OF WHAT PART OF THE COUNRTY WE ARE ORIGINALLY FROM. I ALSO MUST THANK EVERYBODY THAT STOOD UP FOR WAZZUP, AS I ALSO FEEL THE SAME. NOW, DON'T GET ALL HUFFY, AS YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS TRUE!!!!! WHY SO DEFENSIVE??????

TO THE PEOPLE THAT SAY: "YANKEE GO HOME." YOU SHOULD GO LIVE ON A DESERTED ISLAND, SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE EAST, OR HOW ABOUT SPENDING A WEEK IN IRAQ????? THAT MAY DO YOU SOME GOOD!

ALL OF YOU WHO SAY, YANKEE GO HOME, ARE YOU TOO AFRAID OF US???? Wazzup told u, your state is gorgeous, so why not accept a compliment. Again, I must thank everybody that is a decent/moral person here. There are so many charming people in Kentucky. It is the ignorant one's that give KY a bad also a backward reputation, allover the US. Too many closed minded people. Such a shame... So many Christians', well why not start acting more like Christians? God loves everybody! I thought this was more of a midwestern state also.

WAZZUP IS NOT ANY SORT OF HACKER, OR TRYING TO TAKE OVER YOUR SITE, WOW! She has every right to express her thoughts same as we all do! I have no idea where this will end up, as again, I am new to this, yet, after reading some posts, I was astonished, shocked, and horrified, by some of the reactions to one person's opinion. Don't even bother to answer, as I will never be back to this site ever again! ADIOS! To YOUR IGNORANCE, REBELS!!!!!!!! YOU LOST THE CIVIL WAR, LOL!!!!! WHO CARES ANYWAY?????? P-L-E-A-S-E!!!! OMG! 2009?????? WAKE UP!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northfielder View Post
so I guess a 'poster' has to have zillions of POSTS to be viable, eh ?

my goodness, now we have cybersquatters and mind-readers that OWN the site ??

what's with the name-calling ?

the poster is not alone, his/her sentiment can be supported not only in KY but in GA, TN, and MS- I've certainly heard that crap before, so it's not a bunch of 'complaining northerners' who dream this stuff up
I agree with you! thank you!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I agree with you Davart, it is especially interesting that no other Yankees have posted things like this about Shelbyville.

I am a so called "Yankee" and yes, live in Shelbyville, and have also been treated with disrespect, due to where I am from. So, there, do you actually think you are the only person that lives here????? Not every person from the east coast writes on this forum. Thanks REBEL!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Go home Yankee
That is very mature! GROW UP!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Go home Yankee

GROW UP MISSYMOM OF3. YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A CHILD. HOW IGNORANT CAN A PERSON BE?????? OMG! SICKENING! WE YANKEES HAVE A TON OF CASH, AND DO SPEND IT IN YOUR "REBEL" STATE, ONLY TO BOOST YOUR ECONOMY!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE KISSING OUR BUTTS! SO MUCH POVERTY IN KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by central illinois 1 View Post
i agree with this post 100%. Give it up on the yankee/rebel thing! I lived in kentucky for four years (lexington) and went to school at uk. This whole yankee/confederate thing was not an issue there. But i guess it still is in many other parts of the state. All i can say is that this is old, old hat..... Let's all just be americans and concentrate on getting this country back on its feet again.

thank you!!!!!! I agree with you!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northfielder View Post
some of you obviously are spending way too much time in front of the glow of the flat screen, and clearly have a sense of entitlement or are a bit too self-aggrandizing with respect to participation on a dumb forum on the web !

It's not a room full of friends, it's a d a m n forum on a website ! Get real !!!!!!

right on!!!!!! You are one intelligent person on this forum.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:08 AM

200 posts, read 732,127 times
idk why you people are so obsessed with thinking Kentucky is a southern state. When I think of soutehrn states I think of Louisiana, Mississippi etc.... Kentucky has very little in common with these states. Im sorry people but Kentucky as a whole is not Southern. Just ask someone from a true southern state.

Old 03-18-2009, 04:26 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,953,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl 07008 View Post
GROW UP MISSYMOM OF3. YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A CHILD. HOW IGNORANT CAN A PERSON BE?????? OMG! SICKENING! WE YANKEES HAVE A TON OF CASH, AND DO SPEND IT IN YOUR "REBEL" STATE, ONLY TO BOOST YOUR ECONOMY!!!!! YOU SHOULD BE KISSING OUR BUTTS! SO MUCH POVERTY IN KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!
I said it as a joke, get over yourself. I will not be kissing anyone's BUTT little girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or