U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 03:34 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,229,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwilson 60 View Post
A fact of life in government DOES tie Kentucky and Ohio--the Cincinnati service center that people from all over send their tax returns to, is actually(or parts of it anyway) in Covington, KY--another place I might end up in due to work. Florence, specifically. I am guessing that Covington is pretty close to Cincy--never been there myself, yet. But that's one way northern Kentucky is tied to Ohio in actual fact.
Good point!

Welcome to Kentucky...and Northern Kentucky at that. With time, a good personality and an open mind, you'll come to enjoy what the area has to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Status: "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" (set 26 days ago)

9,832 posts, read 21,142,259 times
To me the difference btw Louisville & NKY is that L'ville has very close ties to South Central & Western KY (the most Southern parts of the state) while most people from NKY moved there from Ohio. I agree that the east side of L'ville is pretty similar to NKY, but there is nothing in NKY like Valley Station, Pleasure Ridge Park, or Okolona - those places are as Southern culturally as anywhere in the Atlanta or Birmingham metro areas.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:42 PM

2,786 posts, read 5,677,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
To me the difference btw Louisville & NKY is that L'ville has very close ties to South Central & Western KY (the most Southern parts of the state) while most people from NKY moved there from Ohio. I agree that the east side of L'ville is pretty similar to NKY, but there is nothing in NKY like Valley Station, Pleasure Ridge Park, or Okolona - those places are as Southern culturally as anywhere in the Atlanta or Birmingham metro areas.

Most people in NKY moved there from other parts of Kentucky, esp the SE part of the state. If anything, there are more people from Kentucky living in the West Chester, Lebanon, Kings Mills area of SW Ohio. Especially in Cincinnati's northern suburbs.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,574,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Most people in NKY moved there from other parts of Kentucky, esp the SE part of the state. If anything, there are more people from Kentucky living in the West Chester, Lebanon, Kings Mills area of SW Ohio. Especially in Cincinnati's northern suburbs.
False, most of the growth in Boone County, KY is from Ohio people moving there. Why does it bother you so bad that Ohio people are moving South?

Old 05-20-2009, 06:43 AM

200 posts, read 732,127 times
I completely agree, InLondon.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:44 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,574,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
Also, if people from SE KY are moving anywhere it's to Lexington. They're really not moving to Northern KY. Check census facts and you'll see.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:45 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,961,445 times
^
I ran some numbers on this a few months ago and this is true for SW Ohio, particulary the counties around Dayton. I did that because I was curious to see if the "briar population pipeline" was still flowing up here.

What I found was that Appalachian KY hasnt contributed much to the metro Dayton area in the recent past. Id figure this was the case for Cincy/NKY too.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,592 times
actually maryland has beat you as the wealthiest state. We have the highest incomes and 7 of the richest out of 10 counties in the country with northern virginia having the other 3. Honestly not to judge u personally but nj and ny accents are like nails on a chalkboard. Maybe thats why other people hate you because you come in with your unfriendly money flaunting ways thinking your better than everyone else. read what you wrote and tell me if you'd wanna be associated with yourself!

Old 12-05-2009, 11:49 AM

48 posts, read 120,476 times
the demographics of Northern Kentucky tells me that you can still be a good old rebel there. After all alot of transplants think of Kentucky in general as a southern place even though it was a border state. Jefferson Davis was born in Kentucky. Remember the infamous dispicable general order 11 that grant gave for Paducah. I don't think that any area of Kentucky can ever feel like a 'yankee' place. The true border is the Roebling Bridge.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:16 PM

773 posts, read 2,113,641 times
I don't care much what happened in the Civil War, 150 years ago.

Your senator, Mitch McConnell, said in the U.S. Senate yesterday that the money paid back by Wall Street firms should go to the U.S. Treasury, and not to public works stimulus funds to help those unemployed.

Kentucky is one of the most impoverished states in the union. Why do you keep re-electing such right-wing jerks as McConnell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or