Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2008, 04:21 PM

145 posts, read 518,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
It finally dawned on me the other day why I don't feel comfortable in the East end... it DOES remind me quite a bit of Cinci (not that Cinci is bad, just not where I feel comfortable).
What makes you feel uncomfortable? I do know louisville very well. I have family there and have been in and around louisville my entire life. It is just like nky and has very few differences. I think you just like to think of yourself as a southern woman and look for any way to justify it. I am curious what you consider in louisville that makes it more southern or southern at all compared to northern kentucky. What scares or makes you nervous in the east end?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 05:31 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,077,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman1 View Post
What makes you feel uncomfortable? I do know louisville very well. I have family there and have been in and around louisville my entire life. It is just like nky and has very few differences. I think you just like to think of yourself as a southern woman and look for any way to justify it. I am curious what you consider in louisville that makes it more southern or southern at all compared to northern kentucky. What scares or makes you nervous in the east end?
I am not going to get into yet another discussion about this with you. I just don't feel as comfortable in the east end as the south end. It just doesn't feel "right" to me is all.

Last edited by missymomof3; 11-15-2008 at 05:53 PM..

Old 03-03-2009, 06:44 AM

1 posts, read 4,451 times
I recently moved here to Shelbyville, KY., from the northeast. Where we are from, The Yankees are a baseball team. That is all. I have never seen so much racism toward people from NY/NJ area in my entire life. The civil war is over!!!! We are all American!!!!! We have so many problems in our country today, why are so many KY natives, so concerned about Yankees, etc.... Who cares, the war has been over for a very very long time. WAKE UP! How about focusing on all the illegal aliens in Kentucky, instead of picking on us people from the NY metropolitan area. We are very nice, caring, friendly people, give us a chance. Seems to me, many people are so very sweet to my family and myself, until they hear our accent, then, ask, where we are from, after we tell them, sudden silence....... service gets bad, their entire attitude changes. They are no longer, the friendly hostess, store clerk, or just a person one would meet in a store, shopping. What's with that? Where I am from, we welcome people from all over the US, with open arms, we are interested in learning about different states, the people, their lifestyle, where they are from, the beauty of the USA. Who gives a damn who is Yankee or Rebel... I always did think KY was more west than South. If you look at a map, it is close to Ohio, PA, and other so called "Yankee" states. Now, why not focus on our economy, all the illegal aliens, taking away jobs for American people, welfare abuse, using up all our tax money, social security, the disabled, the elderly, we, as AMERICAN CITIZENS, should all join together as one, times are very difficult, there are so many POOR AMERICAN CITIZENS', not worry about who is from where, copping attitudes against very GOOD, NICE, DECENT, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, that are looking for friendship, BEING AN OUTCAST due to the person being a so called "Yankee." Where I am from, we do not judge a person on Rebel status, nor do we care anything about the Civil War, we could care less where a person is from, as long as they are nice, friendly, law abiding citizens'. People that do not take advantage of the "system" and the American Government. It's a shame, Kentucky is such a gorgeous state, yet way too many people need a good eye opener. Start living in 2009. Thanks! (Yes, there are so many nice people from the northeast, please give us a chance.) Stop "labeling" us. Very much appreciated! :~) We are also of Italian decent, please stop yelling out racial slurs to me and my family..... How ignorant is that!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 07:38 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzup View Post
I recently moved here to Shelbyville, KY., from the northeast. Where we are from, The Yankees are a baseball team. That is all. I have never seen so much racism toward people from NY/NJ area in my entire life. The civil war is over!!!! We are all American!!!!! We have so many problems in our country today, why are so many KY natives, so concerned about Yankees, etc.... Who cares, the war has been over for a very very long time. WAKE UP! How about focusing on all the illegal aliens in Kentucky, instead of picking on us people from the NY metropolitan area. We are very nice, caring, friendly people, give us a chance. Seems to me, many people are so very sweet to my family and myself, until they hear our accent, then, ask, where we are from, after we tell them, sudden silence....... service gets bad, their entire attitude changes. They are no longer, the friendly hostess, store clerk, or just a person one would meet in a store, shopping. What's with that? Where I am from, we welcome people from all over the US, with open arms, we are interested in learning about different states, the people, their lifestyle, where they are from, the beauty of the USA. Who gives a damn who is Yankee or Rebel... I always did think KY was more west than South. If you look at a map, it is close to Ohio, PA, and other so called "Yankee" states. Now, why not focus on our economy, all the illegal aliens, taking away jobs for American people, welfare abuse, using up all our tax money, social security, the disabled, the elderly, we, as AMERICAN CITIZENS, should all join together as one, times are very difficult, there are so many POOR AMERICAN CITIZENS', not worry about who is from where, copping attitudes against very GOOD, NICE, DECENT, FRIENDLY PEOPLE, that are looking for friendship, BEING AN OUTCAST due to the person being a so called "Yankee." Where I am from, we do not judge a person on Rebel status, nor do we care anything about the Civil War, we could care less where a person is from, as long as they are nice, friendly, law abiding citizens'. People that do not take advantage of the "system" and the American Government. It's a shame, Kentucky is such a gorgeous state, yet way too many people need a good eye opener. Start living in 2009. Thanks! (Yes, there are so many nice people from the northeast, please give us a chance.) Stop "labeling" us. Very much appreciated! :~) We are also of Italian decent, please stop yelling out racial slurs to me and my family..... How ignorant is that!!!
I believe Wuzzup does protest too much.

If you had more than 1 post and I thought you were more than a thread "troller" I'd respond in full, but if I had to guess you're doing nothing more than trying to bait people, Yankee.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:36 AM

20 posts, read 58,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
I believe Wuzzup does protest too much.

If you had more than 1 post and I thought you were more than a thread "troller" I'd respond in full, but if I had to guess you're doing nothing more than trying to bait people, Yankee.

so I guess a 'poster' has to have zillions of POSTS to be viable, eh ?

my goodness, now we have cybersquatters and mind-readers that OWN the site ??

what's with the name-calling ?

the poster is not alone, his/her sentiment can be supported not only in KY but in GA, TN, and MS- I've certainly heard that crap before, so it's not a bunch of 'complaining northerners' who dream this stuff up

Old 03-03-2009, 11:16 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northfielder View Post
so I guess a 'poster' has to have zillions of POSTS to be viable, eh ?

my goodness, now we have cybersquatters and mind-readers that OWN the site ??

what's with the name-calling ?

the poster is not alone, his/her sentiment can be supported not only in KY but in GA, TN, and MS- I've certainly heard that crap before, so it's not a bunch of 'complaining northerners' who dream this stuff up
If you come in with 1 accusatory post and it's your ONLY post, no you have little credibility. Would you listen to someone that just walked into the room that no one knew or someone that's been in the room that is known?

EDIT: Interesting you just joined today, all of your post are today. So one could say you might be the same person as Wazzup.

Last edited by Davart; 03-03-2009 at 11:49 AM..

Old 03-03-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
If you come in with 1 accusatory post and it's your ONLY post, no you have little credibility. Would you listen to someone that just walked into the room that no one knew or someone that's been in the room that is known?

EDIT: Interesting you just joined today, all of your post are today. So one could say you might be the same person as Wazzup.
I agree with you Davart, it is especially interesting that no other Yankees have posted things like this about Shelbyville.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:02 PM

20 posts, read 58,376 times
some of you obviously are spending way too much time in front of the glow of the flat screen, and clearly have a sense of entitlement or are a bit too self-aggrandizing with respect to participation on a dumb forum on the web !

it's NOT a room full of friends, it's a d a m n forum on a WEBSITE ! get real !!!!!!

Old 03-04-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northfielder View Post
some of you obviously are spending way too much time in front of the glow of the flat screen, and clearly have a sense of entitlement or are a bit too self-aggrandizing with respect to participation on a dumb forum on the web !

it's NOT a room full of friends, it's a d a m n forum on a WEBSITE ! get real !!!!!!
Go home Yankee

Old 03-04-2009, 06:24 AM

767 posts, read 2,066,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzzup View Post
I agree with this post 100%. Give it up on the Yankee/Rebel thing! I lived in Kentucky for four years (Lexington) and went to school at UK. This whole Yankee/Confederate thing was not an issue there. But I guess it still is in many other parts of the state. All I can say is that this is old, old hat..... Let's all just be Americans and concentrate on getting this country back on its feet again.

Last edited by Central Illinois 1; 03-04-2009 at 07:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky