Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 08:45 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times

Advertisements

Link: Beshear wins second term as governor

This quote from the WKYT website's article says it all for me:

"'This race was not about unemployment, not about Obama, not
even about Beshear,' said Louisville businessman and Republican
operative Ted Jackson. 'It was about David Williams. I think it
would have taken a miracle of biblical proportions for him to win
this race. The likeability factor is just so important today.'"

You're right, Mr. Republican businessman from Louisville. That's a nice way of saying that Sen. Williams is a sleazy, cold, calculated, mean-spirited, ill-mannered, slimy a**hole. And how do I know this? I used to work for the state legislature, that's how.

I'm no Beshear fan but believe he has neither hurt not really helped the state. But at least he would be a better representative of the commonwealth than Williams. I do like new Lt. Gov. Abramson, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 09:20 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,792,023 times
I am hoping against hope that the voters are finally seeing that it is important to elect someone who will work with anyone to solve our problems, rather than following some political philosophy that no loaf is better than half a loaf, and that it is OK to shut down the country rather than compromise one inch.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
I am hoping against hope that the voters are finally seeing that it is important to elect someone who will work with anyone to solve our problems, rather than following some political philosophy that no loaf is better than half a loaf, and that it is OK to shut down the country rather than compromise one inch.
For me, it wasn't even about that in this particular race. It was about Williams himself. Personally and politically, he's not a nice person. Neither is Richie "I played bawl at yeeeeew-kaaaaay in 1992 and 'at wuz mah only way outta Clay Kanty*" Farmer.

*Listen to some people from E. KY and they say county like "kanty."

Old 11-09-2011, 02:01 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,808 times
As I've gotten older I've become more and more party neutral. I would like a competent person in office who will do the best for the people of the state regardless of affiliation. The cynic in me doesn't believe that exists anymore.

I did my part to boost the voter turnout (which was pathetic btw) and I'm happy all the stupid political ads are over. Maybe I will even notice one of Beshear's accmplishments over the next four years.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:29 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
It's too easy to say let's work together, but then refuse to do so. Like the six Democrats of the Super Committee who instead of working with the GOP 6, are instead saying the GOP 6 won't work with them.

It's not about working together, it's about working for what is correct. It's about quitting the political pandering, and working with integrity. It's about stopping the personality destructive manners and dealing with ideas and sound principles.

Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Best comment I've heard about politicians came from one of my teachers at Mayfield High School. Used to, fairy tales started, "Once upon a time". Now they start, "If I am elected".

Old 11-10-2011, 08:48 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Link: Beshear wins second term as governor

This quote from the WKYT website's article says it all for me:

"'This race was not about unemployment, not about Obama, not
even about Beshear,' said Louisville businessman and Republican
operative Ted Jackson. 'It was about David Williams. I think it
would have taken a miracle of biblical proportions for him to win
this race. The likeability factor is just so important today.'"

You're right, Mr. Republican businessman from Louisville. That's a nice way of saying that Sen. Williams is a sleazy, cold, calculated, mean-spirited, ill-mannered, slimy a**hole. And how do I know this? I used to work for the state legislature, that's how.

I'm no Beshear fan but believe he has neither hurt not really helped the state. But at least he would be a better representative of the commonwealth than Williams. I do like new Lt. Gov. Abramson, though.
Why do you care? You supposedly no longer live in KY.....

Also, when you act like somebody is dumb just because of their accent, it just shows your ignorance.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Why do you care? You supposedly no longer live in KY.....

Also, when you act like somebody is dumb just because of their accent, it just shows your ignorance.
Why do I care? I have a mother, father, brother, uncles, aunts, first cousins, second cousins, third cousins, distant cousins, best friends, good acquaintances, family friends, and "church-mates" that still live there and are affected by its politics, economy and quality of life issues daily.

Also, I was making fun of how dumb Richie Farmer is, or at least comes across; not intended to stereotype an entire region of people.

Old 11-10-2011, 03:00 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
It's too easy to say let's work together, but then refuse to do so. Like the six Democrats of the Super Committee who instead of working with the GOP 6, are instead saying the GOP 6 won't work with them.

It's not about working together, it's about working for what is correct. It's about quitting the political pandering, and working with integrity. It's about stopping the personality destructive manners and dealing with ideas and sound principles.
i love fox news quotes!!!

Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
i love fox news quotes!!!
Who quoted Fox? Wasn't me.... Not to say I wouldn't but then I would quote MSNBC & CNN etc. I have and I will.....

Kytoaz, you need to do as I have learned to do, listen, ask questions, listen again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky