U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-18-2011, 10:26 AM

1 posts, read 1,530 times

Advertisements

My family currently lives in Northern Kentucky, right below Cincinnati. I grew up on a farm and loved it here. However, cities and subdivision are taking over what used to be the rural areas and farms. I am not much of a city person with being raised on a farm. We are trying to find a place to move to that's more of a small town/rural area. We would like to find acreage to build on and keep our horses and other small farm animals on while also being able to take that short drive to "town" but with the "town" being a small one...the type of small town where everyone is close and help each other out. Not a city with large corporate stores and franchised restaurants. More of the mom and pop shops and family-owned businesses. We currently have small children and would like them to be raised in a nice area where they are not exposed to all of the drugs and crime. I recall being able to walk into town with other kids without parents having to worry about high crime. Everyone knew everyone and everyone showed respect to everyone and helped each other whenever needed. These are the types of people and values/morals that we want to raise our family around. Any suggestions on these types of towns would be greatly appreciated. I know it may be a long shot to find a place like you see on these shows where everyone around the town is wonderful and like a huge family...but anything that is close to this would be wonderful! Thanks to everyone in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2011, 11:42 AM

15,149 posts, read 17,723,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wessling View Post
My family currently lives in Northern Kentucky, right below Cincinnati. I grew up on a farm and loved it here. However, cities and subdivision are taking over what used to be the rural areas and farms. I am not much of a city person with being raised on a farm. We are trying to find a place to move to that's more of a small town/rural area. We would like to find acreage to build on and keep our horses and other small farm animals on while also being able to take that short drive to "town" but with the "town" being a small one...the type of small town where everyone is close and help each other out. Not a city with large corporate stores and franchised restaurants. More of the mom and pop shops and family-owned businesses. We currently have small children and would like them to be raised in a nice area where they are not exposed to all of the drugs and crime. I recall being able to walk into town with other kids without parents having to worry about high crime. Everyone knew everyone and everyone showed respect to everyone and helped each other whenever needed. These are the types of people and values/morals that we want to raise our family around. Any suggestions on these types of towns would be greatly appreciated. I know it may be a long shot to find a place like you see on these shows where everyone around the town is wonderful and like a huge family...but anything that is close to this would be wonderful! Thanks to everyone in advance!
I would look in the Vine Grove/Flaherty area down in Hardin and Meade counties. Even with a big expansion at Ft. Knox nearby it shows no sign of losing a small town status.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:51 PM

4,807 posts, read 8,172,084 times
Henry/Trimble/Carroll stay close to I-71 go to Cincy, go to Louisville, buy groceries in Campbellsburg, Carrollton, LaGrange. All three have decent school systems, close to medical, yet you can see the stars at night.

Do not think for a moment there is any county of Kentucky safe from Meth or marijuana. It's there, everywhere.

There are good churches in all three counties which will help raise your kids with the proper social skills

Old 01-21-2012, 10:33 PM

28 posts, read 18,415 times
Stanford, Lincoln countyin south central ky. 40 miles south of Lexington, 60 miles north of Tn, border, 25 miles from I-75. Located near Cumberland falls, Cumberland Lake, we are the 2nd oldest town in Ky Lincoln county is loaded with history, beauty and slow pace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky