Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:39 PM
MnS MnS started this thread

6 posts, read 23,164 times

Advertisements

Hello -- I am looking for suggestions or reccommendations regarding where out-of-staters might find a nice traditional family Thanksgiving dinner... We will be enjoying this holiday away from our home, enabling us to be with our son who is graduating the day before Thanksgiving from Basic training at Ft. Knox... We will also have the company of his battle buddy; as he will not have any family there to celebrate his achievement or share the holiday with him, so we have adopted him, so to speak, to be apart of our family while we are there..

Both of these young men will immediately leave the day after Thanksgiving to go to their respective posts for additional training. I would love their last day there to be memorable, delicious, and filling... LOL

We are driving up from Oklahoma and have never visited the state before so we are completely dependant on those that already live there to guide us in the right direction.. We will be staying in Elizabethtown but could travel to Louisville or to Ratcliff.

Much appreciation in advance for your help.

Thanks ~
MnS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 04:28 PM

63 posts, read 313,555 times
Most good restaurants are in Elizabethtown. Otherwise, plan on going to Louisville. O'Charleys for sure is open on Thanksgiving. Likewise, Cracker Barrel at the 94 exit off I-65. Possibly Fergie's and Raffertys will also be open. These are quality restaurants, all located on the north side of Elizabethtown (except for CB).

Some restaurants do close for Thanksgiving, so until we get closer to the holiday, hard to say for sure who will be open. Louisville, of course, will give you many more options, but more hassle in driving there.

We appreciate these young men's service for sure!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:40 PM

149 posts, read 764,328 times
If it was me I'd check with VFW Post North Hardin County (270) 877-2138 located off Hill Street Radcliff/Vine Grove practically spittin distance to Ft Knox. Betcha they set one of the finest Thanksgiving Dinner tables for military families in the area. Plus it's the kinda place where other boot-camp pals of yer son's are likely to be heading with family.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:55 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnS View Post
Hello -- I am looking for suggestions or reccommendations regarding where out-of-staters might find a nice traditional family Thanksgiving dinner... We will be enjoying this holiday away from our home, enabling us to be with our son who is graduating the day before Thanksgiving from Basic training at Ft. Knox... We will also have the company of his battle buddy; as he will not have any family there to celebrate his achievement or share the holiday with him, so we have adopted him, so to speak, to be apart of our family while we are there..

Both of these young men will immediately leave the day after Thanksgiving to go to their respective posts for additional training. I would love their last day there to be memorable, delicious, and filling... LOL

We are driving up from Oklahoma and have never visited the state before so we are completely dependant on those that already live there to guide us in the right direction.. We will be staying in Elizabethtown but could travel to Louisville or to Ratcliff.

Much appreciation in advance for your help.

Thanks ~
MnS
I would strobgly recommend coming into Louisville....ask the folks at this forum what are the best restaurants open

LouisvilleHotBytes :: View Forum - Louisville Restaurants Forum

The forumers are friendly and its easy and free to sign up! Louisville is a foodie city.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 AM
MnS MnS started this thread

6 posts, read 23,164 times
Thanks all ~ since we're going to be there all week - this info is priceless... Always want to go where the locals go -- some of the best kept secrets are the best local eateries ~ Thanks again for sharing!!

HooAh - Proud Army Parents
MnS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky