Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:05 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,881,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post
Must be the T word. MUST be.
Yep...I know a TROLL when I see one and it shore ain't me so, it must be you. That's what trolls do...run around looking for trouble, making statements that ain't true, asking stupid questions to cause trouble, and answering legitiment questions with stupid answers. So, we can safely say, trolls are stupid.

Your stupid comments are so far out in left field no one is going to believe any of it any way. Just crawl back under your bridge and if anyone needs to hear anything you got to say we'll let ye know.

Now you have a good night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 AM

442 posts, read 540,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Yep...I know a TROLL when I see one and it shore ain't me so, it must be you. That's what trolls do...run around looking for trouble, making statements that ain't true, asking stupid questions to cause trouble, and answering legitiment questions with stupid answers. So, we can safely say, trolls are stupid.

Your stupid comments are so far out in left field no one is going to believe any of it any way. Just crawl back under your bridge and if anyone needs to hear anything you got to say we'll let ye know.

Now you have a good night.
sure*

Also, you have to be off your rocker to think that Hazard has no drug problem and is actually a good place to raise a family. With some of the worst schools in the country and a meth/pill epidemic which has garnered federal agency involvement since local law enforcement is too useless, Eastern Kentucky is not a place ANYONE should be moving. It's no better than the south side of Chicago.

Also, you commented on illiteracy. Eastern Kentucky is the hotbed of the south for illiteracy, probably second (IF second) to the Mississippi Delta.

Old 02-12-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
sure*

Also, you have to be off your rocker to think that Hazard has no drug problem and is actually a good place to raise a family. With some of the worst schools in the country and a meth/pill epidemic which has garnered federal agency involvement since local law enforcement is too useless, Eastern Kentucky is not a place ANYONE should be moving. It's no better than the south side of Chicago.

Also, you commented on illiteracy. Eastern Kentucky is the hotbed of the south for illiteracy, probably second (IF second) to the Mississippi Delta.
Ya...my description might be a little...over the top, and yours wasn't a lot over the top? Come on man...if you are going to bash something/someone you need to know what the heck you are talking about and tell the truth. It's pretty obvious to me by your comments in the first paragraph that you haven't been in Easterm Kentucky for awhile....or ever for that matter.

Ya...Eastern Kentucky has a drug problem to some extent and schools are something less than they should be but, you come across as if Eastern Kentucky is the only place in the country with these problems. I know two wrongs don't make a right but, why don't you and a lot of other people try to do something about fixing it for everyone instead of making matters worse by lieing about it. Just try telling the truth for a change, if you know the truth. So...Chicago is the rule by which everyone is measured. How pathetic. I never been to Chicago so I can't truthfully comment.

I still say you and some others have an underlying issue with Eastern Kentucky and it's not just schools and drugs. You guys have beat that horse to death, ye need to try to come up with something a little more original. Must be something personal, come on you can tell us.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Ya...my description might be a little...over the top, and yours wasn't a lot over the top? Come on man...if you are going to bash something/someone you need to know what the heck you are talking about and tell the truth. It's pretty obvious to me by your comments in the first paragraph that you haven't been in Easterm Kentucky for awhile....or ever for that matter.

Ya...Eastern Kentucky has a drug problem to some extent and schools are something less than they should be but, you come across as if Eastern Kentucky is the only place in the country with these problems. I know two wrongs don't make a right but, why don't you and a lot of other people try to do something about fixing it for everyone instead of making matters worse by lieing about it. Just try telling the truth for a change, if you know the truth. So...Chicago is the rule by which everyone is measured. How pathetic. I never been to Chicago so I can't truthfully comment.

I still say you and some others have an underlying issue with Eastern Kentucky and it's not just schools and drugs. You guys have beat that horse to death, ye need to try to come up with something a little more original. Must be something personal, come on you can tell us.
No, it's just that the schools and drugs are just as bad.

The reason I compared it with Chicago is because inner city environments are the only place that I can remotely think of with the same problems at THAT EXTREME LEVEL.

I haven't been in eastern Kentucky since I went to visit my family there in December. I guess that's a while. I guess many, many years of public education there doesn't count, either.

Even you are acknowledging these issues, though, despite underrating the scale at which they exist. OP, stay out of Hazard if you know what's best for you and your family.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
No, it's just that the schools and drugs are just as bad.

The reason I compared it with Chicago is because inner city environments are the only place that I can remotely think of with the same problems at THAT EXTREME LEVEL.

I haven't been in eastern Kentucky since I went to visit my family there in December. I guess that's a while. I guess many, many years of public education there doesn't count, either.

Even you are acknowledging these issues, though, despite underrating the scale at which they exist. OP, stay out of Hazard if you know what's best for you and your family.
Feel free to spew your opinion's all you like, (you know what they say about opinion's) they (your opinion's) are so far out in left field no one is going to believe them any way.

How was Mommy and Daddy? I'm suprised you went back for a visit since they made you live in such a awful place for so long. Some day after you grow up maybe you will realize there is more to life than starbucks.

Have a good day!!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Feel free to spew your opinion's all you like, (you know what they say about opinion's) they (your opinion's) are so far out in left field no one is going to believe them any way.

How was Mommy and Daddy? I'm suprised you went back for a visit since they made you live in such a awful place for so long. Some day after you grow up maybe you will realize there is more to life than starbucks.

Have a good day!!
You completely missed the point. The comparison to Chicago was a comparison of how god-awful Hazard was, meaning it is AS BAD as Chicago in terms of drugs and the likes.

As for mommy and daddy, they moved away in '06. There's no love for an immigrant family in the hills of Kentucky. If you're from a different land, you are hated. The one grandmother who still toughs out the hatred, though, is fine.

You automatically assume I'm a wealthy, Starbucks drinking yuppie because I am well traveled and educated? I was born and bred Kentuckian. Just because I no longer sound hick or wear camo does not mean that I did not spend years upon years in the mountains nor does it mean that the mountains have left who I am. One thing's for sure, it toughens you up. It makes you learn and fight on your own. Kentucky is a lonely place.

Old 02-14-2012, 08:50 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
Bizarre comment. I don't need to tell you the good things about the "hills" of E KY. You're not aware of them, so too bad for you.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Bizarre comment. I don't need to tell you the good things about the "hills" of E KY. You're not aware of them, so too bad for you.
I don't think any "good things" like the fake "friendliness" can outweigh having the worst quality of life of any non-reservation dominated district in the United States. KY's 6th consistently ranks among the least accessible, worst educated, and generally worst places to live in the USA. When the FBI has to come in and do the job of the police departments in rounding up drug dealers because even the cops are selling pills, you know your county is suffering.

I mean, if you're willing to trade safety and education so you can be an isolated hermit contained to a homogenous bowl of mountain goodness... well...

That just might explain the shortcomings of this state.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
Quote:
I don't think any "good things" like the fake "friendliness" can outweigh having the worst quality of life of any non-reservation dominated district in the United States. KY's 6th consistently ranks among the least accessible, worst educated, and generally worst places to live in the USA. When the FBI has to come in and do the job of the police departments in rounding up drug dealers because even the cops are selling pills, you know your county is suffering.

I mean, if you're willing to trade safety and education so you can be an isolated hermit contained to a homogenous bowl of mountain goodness... well...

That just might explain the shortcomings of this state.
I don't know why I'm responding to you because your posts aren't worth it but E KY is in the 5th District. Do some more research ok? You need to badly....

Old 02-14-2012, 11:03 AM

honie's attitude seems sooo familiar......nah....couldn't be
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky