U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,010,968 times

Advertisements

Hello again!

Here a current weather question. I noticed on the weather forecast now for the last week [and for the next 5 days] it has said showers for Northern Kentucky everyday. Now my question; has it really rained every day all day, or just on and off showers. If on and off, is that like maybe a hour or two in the morning then clear most of the day with maybe a short little shower here and there. Or like every hour on the hour every day. Is this normal for this time of year. We heard it was actually a "dry" year for you all, but it don't look like it to us from what were used to.

I know I'm a pain, I actually love rain, just worried since we are moving over soon that it may be one extreme to another extreme coming from a dry arid southern California. Trying to get a feel for what it's really like. Were coming over in a couple of weeks to do some more scouting from Lexington to Northern KY and we hear that is a beautiful time of year, so just curious.

Thanks again on any answers to this, and I promise I won't bring up weather again! Ciao.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 01:49 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,947,519 times
I know you are asking about NKY but here it has n't rained hardly at all in a while and the last rain we got was short lived. It is supposed to rain today but doesn't mean it will.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:31 PM

1,833 posts, read 5,868,446 times
Reading the weather in KY is like reading a fiction story, it's never true. If you don't like the, wait a few minutes it'll change. (Except this year when it's been hot and dry week after week.) I'm at the other end of the state and we've had about 1" of rain June and July and 0" in Aug, we finely got a little too late in Sept.

Old 09-08-2007, 11:57 PM

820 posts, read 2,591,255 times
I'm in Central KY and we do have a chance of showers every day I believe this next week. We could actually get rain everyday and it wouldn't put us where we need to be. There's a mandatory water restriction here, grass is brown, etc. We've had almost no rain this summer. What this means for our beautiful fall season is the leaves probably won't be their normal vibrant colors because of the dry summer. Without rain, the leaves turn brown and just fall off. Also, I believe the rain chances are only like 40% or so each day this week.....

Old 09-09-2007, 05:51 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,947,519 times
I certainly hope we get the pretty colors but I bet we won't. We finally got rain last night and it looks like maybe today as well. Davart I hope you have a better year next year!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:57 PM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,010,968 times
Thanks for all that. Good to know. Sorry to hear you haven't gotten as much as you need to keep it all green! Just weird when I watch the weather over there and all it shows everyday is "Scattered Showers" but then the truth comes out from all of you! Thanks again!

Old 09-11-2007, 06:19 AM

647 posts, read 1,850,726 times
Another thing to keep in mind is that the "local" forcast covers a large area. Once, a while back, I visited the National Weather Service office and they explained that the local forcast covers about a 60 mile radius. So, if the forcast says a 40% chance of rain for Lexington.....it really means Lex. and the surrounding areas. It could rain in Georgetown while Nicholasville or Winchester remains totally dry for that day. It's not an exact science.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:51 PM

323 posts, read 988,966 times
I agree with the above poster. Plus... it doesn't rain "constant" here. Usually it will drizzle for a while then quit. Or we do have some spectacular thunder storms here. They usually roll through in an hour or less and are short bursts. We rarely have it rain all day. That is usually our winter... around December!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:41 PM

2 posts, read 4,613 times
Default Weather in KY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Dunn View Post
Hello again!

Here a current weather question. I noticed on the weather forecast now for the last week [and for the next 5 days] it has said showers for Northern Kentucky everyday. Now my question; has it really rained every day all day, or just on and off showers. If on and off, is that like maybe a hour or two in the morning then clear most of the day with maybe a short little shower here and there. Or like every hour on the hour every day. Is this normal for this time of year. We heard it was actually a "dry" year for you all, but it don't look like it to us from what were used to.

I know I'm a pain, I actually love rain, just worried since we are moving over soon that it may be one extreme to another extreme coming from a dry arid southern California. Trying to get a feel for what it's really like. Were coming over in a couple of weeks to do some more scouting from Lexington to Northern KY and we hear that is a beautiful time of year, so just curious.

Thanks again on any answers to this, and I promise I won't bring up weather again! Ciao.

Well if you do not like weather in KY . Stay around a day or two it will change . Seen it 80 one day week later in 30 and 40 lol It has been real dry this summer .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or