U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-08-2007, 05:01 PM

12 posts, read 30,441 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
Looking to move to the south central area very soon but not set on exact location. Coming from the NC mountains I am used to little and non-existent cell phone service. What is the service like with cell phones around Cumberland Lake and to the north near Liberty? Also are the options for DSL internet service very limited or can you pick from some of the on-line offers? I am from an area that only has two service companies that serve our area without being on long distance the whole time your connected to the internet. Any input very much appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 PM

6,753 posts, read 14,884,245 times
I was just down there last weekend at Lake Cumberland and I had cell service (Cingular) but I am not sure about DSL. I think there is a compant called Southeast phone that has dial up but I am not sure if that covers the area.Other than that I dunno. Could you try doing a search for it? Good luck!

Old 09-18-2007, 12:05 PM

5 posts, read 21,467 times
Default several available

When I lived in Somer. I had Cingular, however there were a number of companies to choose from. Much of Casey Co. does not have cell service. When I went there I would pretty much lose signal from the time I got off the BG parkway and headed toward Liberty.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:40 AM

190 posts, read 598,518 times
We hit T-Mobile signal pretty much everywhere in Somerset. Cingular signal is pretty strong, too, until you go south near McCreary Co. Then it comes and goes.

You can get dsl thru the phone service, with no long distance charges. They also run the "bundle" package, where you get phone, dsl, and satellite for a discounted rate.

hope this helps!
joanna

Old 09-20-2007, 10:20 AM

241 posts, read 884,800 times
I have Verizon and get a strong signal (extended-service coverage) in Russell Springs and on the lake itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky