U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2007, 12:44 PM

24 posts, read 68,173 times

Advertisements

Our family is thinking about the Paducah area for a family reunion this May or June, 2008. What would be the recommedations from people who live in the area? I contacted Green Turtle Bay yesterday to ask how far they are from Paducah and they told me 30 minutes. That's the only one I know about so far. Since we will have three generations attend would want activities for young and old.
Also would want to drive to Paducah to see the town our great grandfather lived in and operated the Rudy store there many years ago. Thanks for any information you can provide. Sue Fox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Since I didn't get ANY ideas for the family reunion my husband and I will be visiting the area soon to locate some possibilities.

Does anyone have any suggestion at all concerning the Lake Between the Lakes area? Or is it better perhaps to stay in Paducah itself OR even stay in Nashville and drive to Paducah for the day? I would appreciate any information you could provide.
Thanks so much and please help!
Sue Fox

Old 10-10-2007, 10:55 AM

P.S.
Since our family is spread out throughout the country: Ohio, Virginia, North Carolina, California and my husband and myself live in Dallas, we don't have any idea where to plan this reunion for approximately 60-70 members.
Many thanks again for your help,
S. Fox

Old 10-10-2007, 02:40 PM

104 posts, read 376,060 times
This is a hard question to answer. Kids are hard to entertain. If you plan on renting a boat (which its starting to get a little cold for that) then I suppose staying between the lakes would be okay. You've got to decide to do you want to spend most of your time around the lakes or in Paducah. If I were you I would rent several rooms at the Residence Inn in Paducah and plan on taking the kids to the museums downtown. As far as LBL, you could spend a day at the Home Place or maybe drive to see the bison but unless you are into hiking, boating, or driving around and admiring nature then then the LBL might get to be a tad boring. And, the LBL is big, so if you plan on going to the Home Place, that's a pretty long drive. When it gets cold, the lakes region starts to get isolated. It's not like Destin, it's more oriented towards nature, etc.. .That's the best I can do. If you like shopping for art, then you will love Paducah.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Watchmanonthewall,
Thanks for the suggestions. Residence Inn being so new was not in my Tourbook for Ky/Tenn. but I did find it on the internet, so we will definitely visit and/or stay there l or 2 nights next week. Even though we will hold the reunion May or June, I'll need to find out if it's warm enough at that time for water sports. I like your suggestion of staying in Paducah and driving to the various locations since all ages will not enjoy the same activities and this Inn looks like a wonderful place to stay and organize our various schedules from there.
Thanks again for the heads up,
Sue Fox Rudy

Old 10-11-2007, 12:46 PM

3 posts, read 8,004 times
Look for a good show at the Carson Four Rivers Center during your stay. They have some nice things coming. Grand Rivers where Green Turtle Bay is located is also a cool little town. They have a little theater there and Patti's is a great restaurant and place to take the kids as they have this recreational area next to it with lots of stuff for the kids to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky