U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2007, 10:53 AM

67 posts, read 191,715 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was trying to relocate thru my current employment and it looks like a dead end. I am thoroughly confused about Ky, I have visited it 3 times now and can't decide between all the beautiful and cheap areas.

But, it looks like I will either have to find someone to rent to me jobless with references or monies up front, or just come in and buy an inexpensive house until I can find employment.

So, hence my dilemna, I have wanted to move for about 8 yrs now and I just need a new start so very badly. It has been so hard to find employment long distance, so it looks like I will have to find housing first.

I am an older single lady, and although I am looking for a place that I will feel comfortable in, and maybe single men and women for friendship, clubs, church groups, or even coffeeshop/bookstores where I can maybe meet people in my own age group.

I have been torn, since I am originally from the midwest, but moved to the south and have fell in love with Ky, and the east and west all has its own charm. Now since I have travelled Ky extensively I am so torn between the cities....They are all so quaint and charming in their own ways.

I am just wondering what areas I would be most likely to fit in, and would be to my interests being the age I am. I like to walk, and bike and hike and just meet people in general and I love being around the water as well. I guess I am more looking to areas on the Ohio river. Oh my,how confused I am!

So far I am thinking.......the north eastern side Maysville and thru to Newport or Henderson area thru to Louisville. Any suggestions from anyone out there that can tell me where someone like me would feel most comfortable in......I guess I love old architecture so Ky is for me, and I would be looking eventually for an old craftsman fixer upper. Like I said I love older historic cities along the river one big enough for jobs and amenities but not so big I have to fight traffic and high real estate woes.

If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2007, 06:30 AM

1,899 posts, read 4,151,840 times
Friendly people fit in anywhere. Pick yer spot.

Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 AM

4,824 posts, read 12,802,300 times
Milli, you sound like such a sweetheart. Kentucky gentlemen will welcome you with respect and courtesy. (There are a few jerks amonst us, so be careful however). My wife thinks she got lucky. I know that I did in finding her. I doubt if anyone you chat with can give you a more objective view of the state than I can. As a young man, in addition to farming, I helped my parents with their construction business, then I lived and worked in the Henderson/Tri-county areas for 10 years, then spent 10 in one of most architecturally abundant areas of Louisville, and for the past several years, I have called Oldham County home. In addition, I have had a life-long interest in Kentucky history and geography. So, with your 10,000 questions and 120 (county) options, please feel free to personally message me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or