U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Kentucky relocation, areas near airports to stay away from due to noise and traffic, Burlington, Hebron, Union, Florence possibilities, shopping, entertainment, dining, historical sites and venues

Old 09-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Location: Apex, North Carolina [Shepherds Vineyard Subdivision]
269 posts, read 1,011,025 times

Advertisements

Hello!

New Question. We're about to come out to do our look/see next week as we have mentioned before. Narrowed down area's to Burlington, Hebron, Union, and Florence. So now we need your input on the good/bads/differences between these area's [if any] geographically[rolling hills or flat, parks, streams, ect], homes and lots [styles/sizes/value], and actual towns [shopping, historical, entertainment, dining, ect].

We have obviously done all the viewing we can due on the web through all the realtor type sites and seen the homes, but were also curious of the terrain.

We also are wondering if there are area's closer to the airport that we should shy away from do to the noise. Noticed that parts of Burlington and Florence might be affected by the proximity to the flight patterns? Any advice will be appreciated as always!

Getting excited now that were only a week away! Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2007, 09:13 AM

156 posts, read 569,361 times
Florence is closest to the airport, but as long as you don't live right next to the airport its not a big deal. All of these places are geographically similar, steep rolling hills in the outer blue grass region... there are some run off rivers and streams- the licking / ohio have many runoffs. As far as characterizing the "towns", its important to keep in mind that these are essentially suburban neighborhoods of the nati. For entertainment, food, drinks, etc. there are some great things in these neighborhoods, but there is much more of a selection up around downtown. Mainstrause in covington and newport on the levee (best mall, movie theatre, etc.) are some of the greatest parts of the city and very close to yall.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:25 AM

130 posts, read 529,745 times
I disagree.. when my hubby and I purchased in 05 in Villa Hills .. we were also looking at Florence and Burlington and the plane traffic was too low for my taste.

That being said, when we lived in Park Hills (on top of a hill) during any storms the planes would be diverted over us and I never really "heard" them but we could see their lights .. it was interesting.

My complaint with Villa was every Wednesday (it seemed like it happened for about 8 months) and has seemed to stop in 07'.. they would test the planes.. you could hear them revving the engines. It was usually around 10-12PM. I assumed they were testing them.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM

7 posts, read 17,143 times
I absolutely love Northern Kentucky! We moved there six years ago from Toronto. We arrived in August, one month before 9/11. I told my husband I would give it until Christmas - if I didn't settle in, I was moving back to Canada. Last January we had to relocate to Virginia, and I cried all the way across I-64 because I had to leave my beautiful Kentucky. My two daughters are still there, working and going to college. The cost of living is low, low, low, and the people are so friendly. Hint -don't beep your horn while driving - they consider it rude. Newport is a great place for entertainment, and shopping is good at the new Crestview Hills Town Centre. If you don't mind the short drive down I-75, Triple Crown, a golf course community in Union, is a great place to live and raise kids. The schools are great. You can still hear the planes in Union, but the trade-off is a short commute to a terrific airport that is very easy to navigate. I believe there is a master plan to bring more amenities to the Florence area like a new movie theater and restaurants, and shopping. I would love to move back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky