U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2007, 08:33 AM

3 posts, read 6,097 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

i dont even know how i found this forum but i did..lol...i am orginally from Pike Co. Kentucky but lived in various places throughout eastern kentucky and in grundy va.

I am gettin ready to get out of the Air Force after being in for 6 years.....short part of the story is ....too many deployments...other than that i love it for the most part...but i am gettin out in the next couple of months and have been looking for my next career.

the reason i joined was to see if anyone on here knows of anyplace that is Hiring that has decent pay and good benefits that doesnt involve mine work or overseas travel...lol..

I have been talking and interviewing with companies in souther ohio area as of now but i am want to live anywhere that is about 4ish hours from pike co or martin co.......my family is in pike county and my wifes is in martin..

anyone know of anything let me know...i am an Aerospace Ground Equipement Crafstman in the Air Force and that entails a strong electro/mechanical backgroud. Also includes hydraulics, pneumatics, refridgeration, diesel engines, electronics, electrics, troubleshooting...etc. etc.
plus i have a LOOONG list of management/tradecraft training

i dont know if this type of post is allowed but im doing it anyway with hopes someone can give me a hand.

thanks all..sorry for the long first post....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2007, 09:11 AM

13,572 posts, read 21,717,516 times
Hi, Hog...As you can see in the upper right corner, I am in Pikeville..I just wanted to say that since both families are in Pike and Floyd counties, ythey should be able to find out pretty quick abiout employment around here. As you know you have a big choice if you want to stay within four hours from here. Google job searches in Knoxville, Lexington, Huntington, Charleston..In fact with 23 being completed noe, I can be in Dayton or Springfield, Ohio in about 5 hours. Good luck to you, and welcome to the forum

Old 09-30-2007, 09:18 AM

3 posts, read 6,097 times
hey there..and thanks for the help

i have been lookin and applying online for a lot of jobs in those areas that you mentioned but i also know there is a "hidden job market" and usually those are the better paying jobs.....
i am working with a military placement company that helps seperating or retiring military find comparable jobs with big companies but they dont work with anyone in or around pike, floyd, johnson counties....

im pretty open to where i go......and i am looking ALOT for careers everywhere in that basic corridor.....just trying to get as many options as i can ya know

but yeah i mean dayton, cincinnati, columbus ...all open to that....just gettin nervous about getting out, and like i said....more options...mean more opportunities...lol

Old 10-01-2007, 09:38 AM

41 posts, read 196,769 times
Can someone please tell me how to start a new thread? I've been trying to figure it out for hours. Agh!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:27 AM

458 posts, read 2,132,470 times
Default New post

http://www.city-data.com/forum/kentucky/

If you go to this main page then you can press the New Thread Button which you will see on the left towards the top.

That button isn't on other pages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky