Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 AM

18,439 posts, read 18,572,333 times

Advertisements

Surely this isnt the way to treat this virus in Kentucky.. isnt pesticide spraying banned in the US, it should be.. there must be another way less hazzardous on the public and the environment.. they have opened a giant can of worms here.. Were the public asked to whether they would like this done or did the government just bash in and take the inititive, awful and sad, as the illnesses this will cause will well outnumber what the virus is causing.. most who have died have had other serious illnesses . God help you all with such a bad decision.

http://www.beyondpesticides.org/mosq...rategy2012.pdf

Last edited by dizzybint; 08-19-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,813,945 times
Where have you learned about mosquito spraying in Kentucky? The article you cite doesn't mention Kentucky at all. Apparently I missed any recent notification of spraying - on the other hand, the very recent spraying of the Dallas-Fort Worth area has been all over the news this week.

I am unaware of any current spraying in Lexington at present - is it going on now elsewhere in Kentucky? Sources, please?

Old 08-19-2012, 04:35 PM

2,118 posts, read 6,348,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Were the public asked to whether they would like this done or did the government just bash in and take the inititive,
Neither. The way it works in this country is corporations bribe the decision makers to do things and usually they are things that cost millions and are not in the best interests of the people that live here.

I do think you have kentucky mixed up with texas although texas was by no means a pioneer in aerial spraying. That has been going on for many years down in florida and along the east coast. I also don't support it. Despite the clear hazards, money talks.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:24 PM

11,017 posts, read 17,402,894 times
I've seen the aerial spraying going on in western Kentucky for several years. I know in Trigg, and Lyon, and maybe Caldwell counties last year, planes flew over spraying for mosquitoes. And some counties have trucks rigged up with sprayers in the beds driving around the county spraying. Worked for a while too!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:14 AM

18,439 posts, read 18,572,333 times
Apologies for the mix up but Kentucky did get mentioned on the news. but I checked online and said Dallas. no matter my question was more about the poor people in these areas being sprayed, do they really think that telling people to stay indoors while spraying is going on will help. or washing vegetables.. I dont know how crop spraying from planes is allowed anymore.. I think I need to check out my geography more ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky