U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 07:45 AM

13 posts, read 46,428 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone. I am currently a student at Eastern in Richmond and my girlfriend is currently living in her hometown Independence, but is fixing to start work in Florence. She graduates in one year and we will be moving to a more centralized location for the both of us. Where would you recommend us living and getting an apartment? We are looking at an hours drive or less for the both of us to Richmond/Florence. I have researched cities/villages and have came up with these: Sadieville, Corinth, Centerville, and Oxford. I have found a very tiny bit of information from Centerville and Oxford, since they are both small "villages." Any other cities we should consider? Any insights on these? We would only be staying there for a year until I graduate but it could possible move into more if we like it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 11:19 AM

156 posts, read 569,315 times
Well, its got to be somewhere along 75 to make it time efficienty for yall... if you want to live more in a town, I would recommend Northern Lexington / Georgetown. You could both be to where you need to go within 45 minutes from Georgetown. I know florence to g-town is less than 45, and I'm sure you can do Richmond in about the same time. Being from Richmond, I'm sure you know those are great areas are... best of luck.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Yes, we are looking for places along 75. We have checked some apartment prices on the web for Georgetown and they are pretty steep, and thats for one bedroom. I haven't checked northern Lexington. I really don't even know where northern Lexington is! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyUK View Post
Well, its got to be somewhere along 75 to make it time efficienty for yall... if you want to live more in a town, I would recommend Northern Lexington / Georgetown. You could both be to where you need to go within 45 minutes from Georgetown. I know florence to g-town is less than 45, and I'm sure you can do Richmond in about the same time. Being from Richmond, I'm sure you know those are great areas are... best of luck.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:30 PM

201 posts, read 433,459 times
How far from Eastern do you want to be?

Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 AM

We want to be roughly an hour's drive or less distance to school (Richmond) and her work (Florence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayersd1 View Post
How far from Eastern do you want to be?

Old 10-18-2007, 09:17 AM

I think we have narrowed it down to 5 cities:

Midway
Georgetown
Sadieville
Stamping Ground
Corinth

Stamping Ground has a population of 300-400. Sadieville has a population of 300. Corinth has a population of 200. Midway has a population of 1620 and Georgetown has a population of 18080. We like the small town feel of little cities but these may be too small. We will just have to visit them and see! Anyone ever been to any of these cities? We have looked at apartment prices in Georgetown for a 1BR apt. and the prices we found have been pretty steep..

Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 PM

201 posts, read 433,459 times
I'd go Sadieville.. It's more in the middle than G-town and Midway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky