U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The best option of singles would be...
Louisville 10 37.04%
Lexington 8 29.63%
Cincinnatti 8 29.63%
Dunno 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:05 PM

156 posts, read 569,505 times

Advertisements

Cincy has more trees unless you are downtown, but no one goes downtown, so you don't have to worry about it. Definately feels more like a small town in that regard for its size. Cincy is not artsy, but none of them are really. I guess we have a museum but the people are not "artsy" (except UC / clifton)...

Sorry you haven't had a good experience STX... clicky it is. People don't move in to Cincy, people are born here and never leave... that probably does it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 PM

6,559 posts, read 13,759,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyUK View Post
Cincy has more trees unless you are downtown, but no one goes downtown, so you don't have to worry about it. Definately feels more like a small town in that regard for its size. Cincy is not artsy, but none of them are really. I guess we have a museum but the people are not "artsy" (except UC / clifton)...

Sorry you haven't had a good experience STX... clicky it is. People don't move in to Cincy, people are born here and never leave... that probably does it.
Actually...Cincinnati is one of my favorite cities architecture wise. Louisville has great architecture, but man, I don't think it touches Cincinnati. I also like the dense feeling of downtown. But some of the empty storefronts and agressive panhandlers are annoying. I see great potential for Cincy though. I would like to see it merge like Louisville did. Over the Rhine makes me want to cry though. It could be like a mini Soho.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:54 AM

23 posts, read 66,729 times
Check out Clique Lounge in Covington if you are into dance music and the contemporary scene. We love it. House DJ is awesome.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:48 PM

33 posts, read 104,362 times
I went to EKU in Richmond, Ky, which is 20 minutes south of Lexington, and I would definitely recommend Lex. I many times thought I'd move back to the area after college, but haven't as of yet. What I liked about Lexington is that it's very clean, compared to my hometown of Ashland. I felt like there was lots to do and was fairly small in order to get around easily. It was a bit upscale, and the traffic can be bad, but otherwise was a pretty nice place. There are no major industrial plants (that I know of) in Lexington so the air was nice and clean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or