Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 06:49 PM

302 posts, read 629,652 times

Advertisements

Here in NJ it is ridiculous. You need a thorough background check, fingerprinting, you need to apply for a permit for every gun you own and you can only get 3 permits at a time. You only have 90 days to use those permits. If they expire because, say, you dont have the money to purchase guns at the time, they expire and you start all over. You cant carry. They cant be concealed. Basically you can only have them in your home. Put it this way, my husband is a former Marine awarded Rifle Expert and now a cop and carries his gun on and off duty but STILL needs a thorough background check/fingerprinting and permit to buy his own!! Yet he carries his jobs gun 24/7.Does that make sense? Make him jump through hoops to own his own, yet he always has one on him anyway?! Its the most retarded system ever!! So whats it like in KY??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 08:38 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Hmmmmm....I wonder....

Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
You can see how each state rates in relationship to one another here, and how the Brady Bunch rates each state ~ you can press in New Jersey and see their summation of the gun laws there, then you can press in Kentucky. They don't much like our gun laws. You probably will.

Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence

Old 12-17-2012, 08:37 AM

Best armed!! Thats awesome! lll take that!

Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM

186 posts, read 263,344 times
Oh, Gosh. You guys are so strict on gun laws. I live in Alaska and we scored 0. Apparently we are major contributors to bear and wolf rampages through the lower 48. Or something like that. Now here I was thinking of retiring in Kentucky, but I might have to give up something er...gunnish.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:33 PM

Did you see NJ is a 72 ??? Kentucky is a 2! Seems much more " 2nd amendment" friendly down south

Old 12-19-2012, 07:53 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyalicia105 View Post
Here in NJ it is ridiculous. You need a thorough background check, fingerprinting, you need to apply for a permit for every gun you own and you can only get 3 permits at a time. You only have 90 days to use those permits. If they expire because, say, you dont have the money to purchase guns at the time, they expire and you start all over. You cant carry. They cant be concealed. Basically you can only have them in your home. Put it this way, my husband is a former Marine awarded Rifle Expert and now a cop and carries his gun on and off duty but STILL needs a thorough background check/fingerprinting and permit to buy his own!! Yet he carries his jobs gun 24/7.Does that make sense? Make him jump through hoops to own his own, yet he always has one on him anyway?! Its the most retarded system ever!! So whats it like in KY??
Supposably some towns like Pemberton doesn't make it to hard for handgun permit. What part of Kentucky are you going, and why? I'm asking because I'm heading down there as well in eastern Ky. To have more quiet times and be closer to family.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
Supposably some towns like Pemberton doesn't make it to hard for handgun permit. What part of Kentucky are you going, and why? I'm asking because I'm heading down there as well in eastern Ky. To have more quiet times and be closer to family.
Ive come to hate the state I was born and raised in. The libealism has run a muck and they steal every last penny. My husband has an awesome salary and we still barely make it. I want to be in a place where God and high morals are valued, where its beautiful and quiet, where I can be surrounded by horses, where me and my large family can have a decent life with my husbands pension.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:12 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyalicia105 View Post
Ive come to hate the state I was born and raised in. The libealism has run a muck and they steal every last penny. My husband has an awesome salary and we still barely make it. I want to be in a place where God and high morals are valued, where its beautiful and quiet, where I can be surrounded by horses, where me and my large family can have a decent life with my husbands pension.
I was also born and raised in nj (609). It doesn't matter as much how good a salary is if cost of living is high. I can no longer stand to be around my family in nj with their liberalism. They're like sponges who absorb everything showed on television. I'm never interested in a blasted discussion with them, I'm an action oriented individual and I see homesteading as way to keep and improve quality of life while the world goes to hell. I like eastern KY because its very similar to western n.c., only cheaper.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I was also born and raised in nj (609). It doesn't matter as much how good a salary is if cost of living is high. I can no longer stand to be around my family in nj with their liberalism. They're like sponges who absorb everything showed on television. I'm never interested in a blasted discussion with them, I'm an action oriented individual and I see homesteading as way to keep and improve quality of life while the world goes to hell. I like eastern KY because its very similar to western n.c., only cheaper.
Nice to meet someone from Nj who moved to KY so your confirming that KY is a much better way of life and cost of living? How long have you lived in KY?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky