U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,805,697 times

Advertisements

She may still be eligible to receive referral commissions. If you have contact numbers, ring her bell.

I will gladly help you from this end if you desire. Although I am in Kentucky, I can help you find a professional Realtor anywhere in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 08:15 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,449,689 times
yes, I would have tomocox help you out, just my opinion. I can give you the name of my Lexington realtor if that would be of any help. These referral issues are above my head although I kind of "get" it in a general way. You learn something new every day, right?

gb lady, please if I can help in any way, just ask!

Old 10-23-2007, 08:26 PM

Thank you Golden Mom. If GBLady asks me, I will humbly honor your compliment with professionalism and integrity.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:58 PM

Ah gee, I'd give you another rep point, but it says I've given you too many lol.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:37 AM

52 posts, read 140,187 times
Thanks for all the info and Tomo, I'll contact you when I'm ready to proceed.

I have looked at so many homes on the internet and I'm getting sick of it. I have found one house that I absolutely love and it's in Paris. Other than that, nothing else has caught my fancy.

The thing that amazes me are the listings where the realtors doesn't even take the time to make sure the pictures are right side up. Another thing I've noticed, is the number of listings that just show the back and front of the home and no interior pictures. More and more people are turning to the internet to look at homes and personally, I wouldn't consider a realtor that couldn't take the time to make sure the pictures are in good order or couldn't take the time to get interior pictures. I'm going to start making a list when I find listings that are in poor order and I'll be sure not to contact those realtors.

Once again, thanks to everyone who have offered advice -- it's greatly appreciated!

Old 10-26-2007, 01:18 PM

I like remax.com because it has interior photos for most listings. And it gives neighborhood and associated schools.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:13 PM

11 posts, read 41,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb lady View Post
Thanks for all the info and Tomo, I'll contact you when I'm ready to proceed.

I have looked at so many homes on the internet and I'm getting sick of it. I have found one house that I absolutely love and it's in Paris. Other than that, nothing else has caught my fancy.

The thing that amazes me are the listings where the realtors doesn't even take the time to make sure the pictures are right side up. Another thing I've noticed, is the number of listings that just show the back and front of the home and no interior pictures. More and more people are turning to the internet to look at homes and personally, I wouldn't consider a realtor that couldn't take the time to make sure the pictures are in good order or couldn't take the time to get interior pictures. I'm going to start making a list when I find listings that are in poor order and I'll be sure not to contact those realtors.

Once again, thanks to everyone who have offered advice -- it's greatly appreciated!
I am a realtor and I never really understood why these other realtors do not take the time and follow thru with their service levels. Its like any other industry their are alway the best and the their are others. Check Lexington-Bluegrass Association of Realtors Home Page for any Central Ky real estate.

Relo Joe

Old 10-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
I like remax.com because it has interior photos for most listings. And it gives neighborhood and associated schools.
I appreciate your note, but I will tell you that typically speaking the listings at the ballon firm are no more complete than any large firm in the state;

Old 10-27-2007, 08:11 AM

Hi, not sure what you mean. I just sometimes look at realtor.com (which usually doesn't have interior photos) and sometimes go to remax.com which has all of the listings, not just remax, and has the schools, the name of the neighborhood, and interior photos. If I were really interested in a specific listing, I would also go to the broker's site. I'm not a realtor and haven't ever dealt with remax that I know.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:59 AM

The major difference is quite simple. Realtor.com has just upgraded their system to accept more than six pictures plus a virtual tour. Each night, both RE/Max.com and Realtor.Com, as well as many other sites such as IDX, upload all changed listings from the MLS where a property is advertised. Unfortunately, while RE/Max.com may feature more pictures than Realtor.com, it is an IDX cooperator, just like my website which has the exact same information as RE/Max.com. Not every broker is an IDX cooperator, therefore, while the IDX firms may show more pictures than Realtor.com, Realtor.com should show you more properties than RE/Max.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky