U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,581,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet55 View Post
I feel like I am posting to some naive people. So think and live where you want I guess.

I guess you would like to eat at a restaraunt where someone sits next to you and passes gas and belch. That was what I was talking about.

SOME, people in Boone Co. have no pride, but back off of me and do your own house hunting.

I really could not care any less.
Boone County is not like that, sorry but you're mistaken....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 01:51 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,581,243 times
Quote:
Maybe both of the people posting above are part of the Boone County problems.
I don't even live in Boone County, duh.

I smell a troll.

Old 03-02-2009, 05:28 PM

18 posts, read 63,913 times
Well, how do you know unless you live here. I was merely stating from what I have seen. People ask and I just gave some info.

I am glad you don't live here. I smell a lynch mob.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,163 times
I moved to NKY from Central NY. It took some getting use to, but I like it here. The people are friendly enough, that's for sure. I live in Burlington in a beautiful subdivision. It's about 20-30 minutes to Cincinnati, but an easy drive. We looked all over when we relocated here for my husband's position. Ft. Thomas was nice and had a good village feel and superb schools, but the houses are so close together, and no yards to speak of-I prefer more yard. Here in Burlington, I am close to Florence, I like being close to Florence for restaurants and the mall, I wouldn't necessarily want to live in parts of Florence though, I don't care for Boone County High (the other high schools in Boone county are pretty good though) and unless you go outside of the "city" of Florence it seems rundown. Edgewood and Crestview Hills are great. They have their own community events and sports teams for kids, fairly pricey area though, good schools. Union is further out then Florence, but also has some nice homes and good schools, more affordable because it's further from "civilization" (and Cincinnati) but nice. Walton/Verona is even further out, with their own independent school system (rather than the county schools) and has nice affordable homes. I don't care for Alexandria and Highland Heights in Campbell County, much closer to Cincinnati, so houses tend to be more expensive than other places and you don't get a lot for your money compared to Kenton and Boone county. It does have some nicer houses further out, but the town just has a "dumpy" feel to me. I wouldn't be happy if I had to drive into town for something *not to be a snot :-(* Wilder and Cold Spring have some nice homes, but once again, you'd have to drive into Highland Heights if you needed anything *blech* - sorry, I just don't care for it. If I could live anywhere here (I have been here for 8 months now) I would choose Ft Thomas (if they ONLY had BIGGER YARDS!!!!-and most of this reasoning is the great schools and come cool shops and restaurants and it's overall "village" feel) OR I would choose Edgewood/Crestview Hills. I love the Crestview Hills Town Center. Great schools, nice houses, larger yards, community events, close to Cincinnati. That's my 2 cents from the New Yorker :~P

Old 02-19-2010, 08:17 PM

5 posts, read 27,633 times
As someone who has lived in the area their entire life, I'm really shocked at the responses here.

I've lived in Cincy and in NKY - I vastly prefer NKY. Boone Co is the best place in the area. The person badmouthing it I have no explanation for. It has everything you'd want. Good schools, good neighborhoods, shopping, etc. The only bad thing about Boone Co is the commute in rush hour if you work on the other side of the river.

Edgewood and Crestview Hills have really gone south compared to what they used to be. I moved from Edgewood about a year ago because of it. The Towne Center is nice, but there's nothing else going on to recommend and it saddens me to admit this.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:24 PM

21 posts, read 60,035 times
I would avoid nothern KY like the plague!! Your best bet is to try Louisville area or Shelby county, It is pretty nice in both of those locations, but do not move to Northern KY, I had family that lived there for a couple years and hated it, They said the people were "strange". The Morehead area is also nice. As well as many parts of western KY.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
I guess it is the class of people.

I know what you all think, but it seems the class of people moving in these nice places is typical of the American moral decay.

Try living in Indian Hill, where it is nice a private and not junk piled in yards, eating places all over the place and traffic jams.

It takes a firestorm to get people to post.

Not all the people are trash in Boone County, but it is embarrassing to go anywhere and people do trash talk Boone County.

I don't know where you posters are coming from, but the county has changed, but crime is now rising. Shoplifting was unheard of so much until the past few years, stealing license plates, yards are full of trash left blowing out of garbage cans, teens out all night and vandalism.

You don't know who is posting this. The houses are looking like boxes and a dime a dozen. Get off my back.

I posted some facts, and sure there are some beautiful areas, but that overall Kentucky slum won't go away.
Amen to that!! Most of the people that think NKY is a great place is because they have never been anywhere else, and do not realize that their little area is in fact a "dump". When I was there, we went to a park called Pioneer Park, in Covington, I think, but anyway, the creek in this "park" was filled with sewage run-off, and signs were posted about not swimming, this was in a public park?!!!!!!!!! That speaks volumes about the area!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
A dump huh?? A dump that's one of the fastest growing counties in the state. Hmmm, someone has some issues I'm thinking.
Fastest growing is really not a good thing to be called, at least in this instance anyway. Boone county is definitely a dump! Be warned!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman1 View Post
This is laughable. Boone County and Northern Kentucky is about as far from that as can be. You sound like a wicked person. Calling people trash...maybe it takes one to know one. Would you like some sweet tea?
No, she is just being honest. NKY IS exactly what she stated and worse! The natives to this area just do not realize what everybody else already has a long time ago. If you grow up in an area like this and rarely leave, you assume your way of life and the surrounding cities and towns and normal. I think if they left and went somewhere else to live for awhile, they would quickly realize why many, many other states make jokes about this area (NKY in particular)!!

Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 AM

23 posts, read 63,830 times
Most people that I've talked to from other places that are not in the area don't know one part of Ky from the next. Quit confusing you and your friends with vast amounts of people from other states. I've never heard a joke that pertained to NKY specifically. Probably because it's impossible to do with out knowing the area. Most "Kentucky jokes" are just ad-lib's of old rural jokes by people in and around the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky