U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:10 AM

46 posts, read 156,639 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We currently live an hour from Chicago. My husband may have a job offer for a company in Northern Kentucky. I am interested in finding a nice town with a home in the $275,000- 350,000 range. We'd also love to find a great school system w/ a club swim team nearby and high school girl's swim team for the future. Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much! : )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 AM

20 posts, read 74,233 times
Look around in Oldham County. Great public schools and not far from Louisville.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:13 PM

130 posts, read 530,189 times
There are two swim clubs I know in Northern KY .. one in Ft Mitchell and another in Covington/ Ft Wright.

The housing market is yours at that price range.. Northern Kentucky Association of REALTORS&reg
try searching on Villa Hills, Crescent Springs, Ft Mitchell, Park Hills, Ft Wright -- all nice areas.

I have a 4 bedroom/3.5bath for sale and if you do 3% appreciation from year to year, it should be about 300k .. but we've dropped it to 277k due to the horrific market.

We relocated so I don't really have a choice. I am going to have to turn it into a rental, short sell or hang on to the house and try to pay as much of it off as possible.. all cases not your optimal situation.

Public schools.. best high school is Beechwood in Ft Mitchell. Dixie isn't bad but not as exclusive as Ft Mitchell's district.

We were going to do private .. Notre Dame for girls/ Cov Cath for boys or the one down the street from our house which was going to be where we were going to send our 4 year old is Villa Madonna. It goes from preschool to high school.

Good luck. Any info you need let me know and I'll try to help.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:30 PM

2,064 posts, read 6,024,106 times
Ft. Thomas Highlands High is ranked #1 in the state academically for public schools basically every year. The entire Ft. Thomas school system is excellent. I don't think they have a HS swim team though.

Old 10-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Thank you for your responses. I looked up Beechwood and Ft. Thomas. Ft. Thomas H.S. doesn't look like it has a swim team and the real estate might be on the pricey side for us. Does Beechwood H.S. pull in from other towns besides Ft. Mitchell? Thanks again!

Old 10-22-2007, 02:56 PM

156 posts, read 569,910 times
If sports are super important, she could go to St. Ursula on the other side of the river just outside of downtown. They have dominant (ultra serious) swimming and other sports. You can get there in a few minutes from NKY and its pretty common. I think Highlands is great sports wise also.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:35 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,821,730 times
Oldham County is 75 miles to Cincy Airport. In my opinion, that is too far to drive daily, especially with gas prices. I certainly would look at Boone County, which has outstanding, almost as good as Oldham County Schools. Ryle High in Union is reputed to be a superior public school.

Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM

I have been looking at Ryle and Beechwood. Are Union and Ft. Mitchell the only citites that go to those H.S.? I am sorry if this is a goofy question but the towns look close together so I am not sure how to do a real estate search. I am really not sure how to search what towns attend a specific school. Thank you again.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:19 PM

130 posts, read 530,189 times
Kenton County School system includes : Dixie High School and Covington and Scott High school.. I know I am missing something.

I am not familiar with Boone County and Campbell County schools..

Old 10-23-2007, 08:02 PM

4,824 posts, read 12,821,730 times
If you will go to this link:

Welcome to the Boone County Schools

and click on the redistricting link, you will see images of the current school boundries. I hope this helps. I will be glad to offer further assistance if you need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or