Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 AM

6 posts, read 23,840 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Columbus and am looking for a family-friendly community with shopping and parks and charm. Help me narrow my search please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 01:55 PM

131 posts, read 578,061 times
I would rate it like this from your choices
Park Hills -- more walking friendly and charming older homes.
Villa Hills -- very walking friendly, newer and older homes.
Edgewood-- Nice area but no common downtown area and I wouldn't feel connected to the city.

What you missed is Ft Mitchell.. that would be my top choice.

Where in columbus do you live? Do you want something like your existing neighborhood?

Good luck
Tracey

Old 11-24-2007, 06:00 PM

Default Ft. Mitchell?

Oh, you have been so helpful. Thank you! I'm in Westerville, north of Columbus, with its very own downtown and boutiques and great parks. It's so nice. I would love to recreate it and don't know where to begin. You mentioned Ft. Mitchell ~ a downtown area with shopping? Quaint? Community? What about Crescent Springs? That looks like a nice spot close to the river with larger yards. . . Keep the advice coming!

Old 11-26-2007, 01:36 PM

131 posts, read 578,061 times
My parents live in Westerville.
Ft Mitchell isn't as large as Westerville.. the shopping (downtown) area isn't the same.

When you come to visit -- you need to get off at the Kyle's Lane exit off 71 S and you need to drive around the areas of

Ft Wright and Park Hills.
Then take Amsterdam Rd and make your way around Park Hills to Villa Hills to get the lay of the land and then once in Villa you take Buttermilk Pike to Crescent Springs (where there is new shopping off the highway).

The stay on Buttermilk Pike into Ft Mitchell. Take a left on Dixie and go until you hit Park Hills again, then turn around (after you get a cup of coffee at my fav coffee shop -- Reality Tuesdays) and drive down Dixie Hwy again going the other way and go until you reach the new Mall at Crestview on your left.

If you can imagine Park Hills, Ft Wright, Ft Mitchell, Villa Hills and Crescent Springs and Crestview (oh and Lakeside Park ) as little mini cities together that make up your Westerville.

I really love Westerville.

Northern Kentucky Association of REALTORS&reg (local website for MLS) do a search pulling the combo areas (you'll see some options).

I hope this helps.

There are some wonderful Baptist and Catholic Churches in our area. I am sure there are many other faiths as well -- but this is all I know first hand.

Good luck.

Tracey

Old 11-27-2007, 10:44 AM

Hi Tracey,
Small world isn't it? Thanks for the tour. I've printed it and can't wait to drive it! You've been a big help and saved me precious time.
God bless you.
Lisa

Old 11-27-2007, 02:39 PM

145 posts, read 518,574 times
I have never heard of Westerville but if I were you I would stay in northen kentucky..it has tax benefits as well as other ones. The schools are top notch and like traysea said all of those communities are just like westerville so why live in ohio and pay more when you have everything you could possibly need in northen kentucky. Fort Mitchell, Villa Hills, Edgewood, and Park Hills are very upscale neighborhoods. If downtowns an issue...you are only ten to fifteen minutes to downtown cincy or to numerous malls...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky