Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 08:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,123 times

Advertisements

My family and I are coming to the Maysville area this April. We have friends originally from Ohio, that live here in Florida but have bought acreage in Germantown. They go there for vacations when they can and will be moving there soon. They've told us all about it, I am so excited to visit.
I love things the way they were long ago. I'd rather shop in town and despise malls and urban sprawl. Give me an old farmhouse anyday.
I started out in NJ, married and moved to PA and raised my kids in a little valley village surrounded by hills and acreage, church was the center of town. Circumstance took us to California and then here in Florida for my Dad. Florida is a nightmare and we've been here far too long already. It is the most depressing place I have ever lived.
I have been searching for somewhere that we can go that will give us back the quality of life that we once had in PA. This is to be the last move. It sounds like Kentucky may just be our final destination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 10:49 AM

276 posts, read 792,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3kidsskd View Post
My family and I are coming to the Maysville area this April. We have friends originally from Ohio, that live here in Florida but have bought acreage in Germantown. They go there for vacations when they can and will be moving there soon. They've told us all about it, I am so excited to visit.
I love things the way they were long ago. I'd rather shop in town and despise malls and urban sprawl. Give me an old farmhouse anyday.
I started out in NJ, married and moved to PA and raised my kids in a little valley village surrounded by hills and acreage, church was the center of town. Circumstance took us to California and then here in Florida for my Dad. Florida is a nightmare and we've been here far too long already. It is the most depressing place I have ever lived.
I have been searching for somewhere that we can go that will give us back the quality of life that we once had in PA. This is to be the last move. It sounds like Kentucky may just be our final destination.

My thoughts exactly! You appear to have had similar experiences. I grew up in MD and lived in CA for many years (with a brief stop in CO Springs which has also been ruined by the developers). I long for a simpler life, and I fully intend to relocate in 2008. I refuse to spend another summer in this horrible place. Yes, Florida is the most depressing place that I have ever lived too!!

Old 11-11-2007, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 3,743 times
Kentucky is a wonderful state to live in, the people are one of a kind and you wont find a welcome like here. I have been to every state to visit and i have moved around several times to different locations. If kentucky is full of "hicks" or "hillbillies", those are the only people i wanna be around. The only thing different is we can trust one another, help anyone no matter if we know them or not, we all are close, and we have an accent.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:57 PM

70 posts, read 206,324 times
I must say it's so refreshing to see such a positive thread on Kentucky! I find so many positive things about this state and if folks want to know about them I'm always glad to share. I've just always figured if people want to put down this state due to stereotypes they've developed, it's their loss. I have such an abundance of good hearted people surrounding me on a daily basis and don't blame anybody wanting the same thing. It's a wonderful lifestyle.

I have a hard time understanding how people can enjoy living in such closed quarters like you find in many big cities. Since I haven't lived my life like that, it's hard for me to relate to it. However I'm sure there are many of those people who choose that lifestyle who can never relate to mine. That's why it's so great to live in America. You have just about any kind of surroundings your heart could desire. Living in the country, suburb, rural area, big city, etc... is always your choice so for heaven sake, live where you are happiest!

Old 11-13-2007, 04:19 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,503,797 times
Thank you Wildcat..It is so refreshing to come to my state forum and see such positive true things being said about us and the beauty of our mountains and the people who choose to stay here or relocate here..Most of us stay because we believe there is so much more to life than the rat race of the big city and the hurried up pace and the quest for more...stuff........

Old 11-14-2007, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Thank you Wildcat..It is so refreshing to come to my state forum and see such positive true things being said about us and the beauty of our mountains and the people who choose to stay here or relocate here..Most of us stay because we believe there is so much more to life than the rat race of the big city and the hurried up pace and the quest for more...stuff........
Amen and Amen to all of you! Nope, I don't want to change the state at all--people or environment! Please stay just the way you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 05:14 AM

2 posts, read 3,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridahater View Post
My thoughts exactly! You appear to have had similar experiences. I grew up in MD and lived in CA for many years (with a brief stop in CO Springs which has also been ruined by the developers). I long for a simpler life, and I fully intend to relocate in 2008. I refuse to spend another summer in this horrible place. Yes, Florida is the most depressing place that I have ever lived too!!
Floridahater (and I just love your name ),
Where are you in FLA? I'm in Sebastian.

Old 11-19-2007, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3kidsskd View Post
Floridahater (and I just love your name ),
Where are you in FLA? I'm in Sebastian.

I'm in New Smyrna Beach, just south of Daytona. I'm still trying to secure employment in eastern KY. In the short time that I was there, I sure learned to appreciate the natural beauty as well as the people. I am anxious to move, and I sure hope that something will open up in the near future. I honestly don't want to spend another long hot miserable summer here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky