Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2013, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 904 times

Advertisements

Alright, so I'm going to try to explain what's happened to me in the past two months in a brief manner. For sake of legal issues (if any) I'm going to withhold any company names and whatnot.

> Had a job for almost 6 full years and left on good terms, I left said job to take a contracting job which appeared to be fruitful and a great start into IT.

> Started said job right after leaving former job, things were looking well. I was with them for four weeks.

> At the end of my fourth week, I got a call from the guy who signed me up for that contract saying that the company I was working for decided to sever my contract, and no reason was given at the time. Very cruel and disheartening, I might add, since I'm generally a very dedicated and responsible worker.

> Immediately filed for unemployment, had to wait the week contesting period before they could send me a check.

> Was called by the unemployment office just the other day to be told "We've learned via a third party that you were actually fired for misconduct. However if you're still eligible for work through that contracting company, you should still be eligible for unemployment benefits." So after this, I'm in a panic, since I have rent coming up in a few days..despite it being said I should still be eligible, I have a sinking feeling.

> Contacted that contracting company and talked to the guy there, he told me "We don't control rather you're eligible for benefits or not, but I can tell you that since you were only on the job for four weeks, you will not be eligible."

> He also noted: "The reason you were let go was because you were found multiple times roaming the halls playing games on your cell phone." Which I might add, is absolute nonsense. I'd used my phone several times to check company e-mail, as I was told I was allowed to. I would NEVER play games while on the job, that's just stupid. Keep in mind, he actually did say multiple times, so if I was caught doing something that was considered "misconduct" several times, why wasn't I warned? Instead they threw me out into the trash, like a worthless piece of rotten meat.

Basically, my reason for posting this is for anyone with experience with this sort of thing to give me some advice, or to "tell me it's gonna be okay" haha. Do I sound like I qualify still? I won't know anything for certain till early next week from the unemployment office, but I'm going to be dreading it all weekend..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2013, 02:43 PM

175 posts, read 261,034 times
I did have a similar experience. I was working for a state park as a seasonal. I loved that job! But the season was coming to an end and I had a chance to work weekends with a security agency that would work into full time in a frew months. My problem was my park job was primarily weekends. But the security job was a day job and I could work nights at the park. I would only miss an hour of work at the park because of travel and others said they would cover me. My boss told me that he would just let me go then. But I couldn't make my bills only working 2 days a week. he wouldn't even let me give 2 weeks. We discussed that I would HAVE to go on unemployment because of it. I literaly begged him to let me keep working. But he said no. I had been working at that park for 4 years.
So when I contacted unemployment during that 1st week they said I had been declined because I had just quit unexpectedly without giving warning and put others in a bind. What a bunch of BS that was. But I appealed it and told them my side of the story she was like OK, I'll pass on the information and was later accepted. They told me that employers will sometimes do that to "get out" of paying UI. It causes a lot of stress. She asked if I had any one to verify my story and of course I didn't. I was like **sigh*** no we were in his office just the two of us.
So i hope that helps you a little
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky