Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 05:54 PM

17,264 posts, read 11,091,067 times

Advertisements

Nice idea. I'm surprised this hasn't already been done. Kentucky is famous for horses, so why not eastern KY as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 06:04 PM

79 posts, read 123,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Beshear, Rogers announce Appalachian initiative

I don't think we have very many Eastern Kentucky people here on the board and, I'm sure most everyone in Eastern Kentucky are all for some kind of stimulus, since coal had been ran out of town by the tree huggers but, what about the rest of our great State? What do they think about a boost for Eastern Kentucky? I know this doesn't tell us much at this point but, what are your thoughts on the subject?

Since this appears to be a bipartisan effort, I would ask that the politically motivated friends (the ones that don't like so and so just because of his politics) just politely refrain.

I'll be around.
Well the first thing is not go to the school the original poster did...Coal died from competition not tree huggers, us who want to breath clean air didn't invent Natural gas, Coal's real enemy
The best that can be done for the people of Eastern KY is to move west . The region has to many negatives to ever thrive again. Infrastructure is minimal and always will be because of the topography and its that topography that stymies growth, just not enough flat land to attract industry. No the best one can ever hope for the region is to advocate tourism which will never pay well enough for most to stay in the region long term. Get educated and move and if you own land, sell it to the State and maybe they can turn the whole region in to a wildlife refugee for us Tree Huggers

Old 03-31-2016, 07:59 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,857,388 times
Coal to coding, tech company changing economic landscape in coal country

Well....imagine that.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natguy View Post
Well the first thing is not go to the school the original poster did...Coal died from competition not tree huggers, us who want to breath clean air didn't invent Natural gas, Coal's real enemy
The best that can be done for the people of Eastern KY is to move west . The region has to many negatives to ever thrive again. Infrastructure is minimal and always will be because of the topography and its that topography that stymies growth, just not enough flat land to attract industry. No the best one can ever hope for the region is to advocate tourism which will never pay well enough for most to stay in the region long term. Get educated and move and if you own land, sell it to the State and maybe they can turn the whole region in to a wildlife refugee for us Tree Huggers

Your Mommy would whup you is she knowed you said that.

Ha Ha ...you can run but, ye can't hide (it).

Old 10-17-2016, 09:38 AM

Floyd County Times | Bevin announces workforce development training facility in Paintsville

Hum....what about that?

Old 11-03-2016, 09:59 AM

14,670 posts, read 7,970,612 times
^That is good, it benefits everyone.

Old 11-03-2016, 10:52 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,803,811 times
Very glad to see this.

Now if the acres and acres of orphaned strip mines and mountaintop-removed mines in Eastern Kentucky could be restored (at least as far as possible; you can't really put it back), it would be icing on the cake.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:33 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,718,857 times
In the deeeep dark hills of Eastern Kentucky....that's the place where i traaace...my bloooooodliiiiiiine.

Sorry had to do it.

Old 12-21-2016, 10:17 PM

Just a little scenery...

https://youtu.be/EzrClc915tE

https://youtu.be/fC9MzcH3ipc

https://youtu.be/o7x2Esy-9i4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky