U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 03:45 PM

90 posts, read 316,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Today, it's legal where you live. But, it sounds like you should start attending your City Council meetings and find out what new laws are being considered. Your HOA may be pushing for new laws regarding cats... all in the name of protecting the public.

I hope you don't wait around or blindly trust your elected officials to use common sense when it comes to passing these laws...

Elected officials love to write new rules. It's about little people with too much power. They don't look ahead at the unintended consequences of the laws they pass.
Here in Victoria, I havent seen my first cat or dog running loose. They are always on a leash with their owner. There is a very stiff law for those that let their pets run loose, and also for those that fail to clean up after their pet. Lots of deer running loose here. There is so much building and running them from their homes. They end up in downtown also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 03:58 PM

853 posts, read 899,784 times
Default Anyone smoking around their children...

and by that I don't necessarily mean in the confines of a vehicle - I mean anywhere near their children is an inconsiderate, irresponsible, and inept parent. However, passing legislation to prohibit the aforementioned is nothing short of tyranny. What next? Legislating how much hydrogenated fat we allow our children to consume? Too much government is a dangerous thing!

Old 11-22-2007, 04:25 PM

4,541 posts, read 13,138,004 times
Default too many laws....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Gal View Post
Here in Victoria, I havent seen my first cat or dog running loose. They are always on a leash with their owner. There is a very stiff law for those that let their pets run loose, and also for those that fail to clean up after their pet. Lots of deer running loose here. There is so much building and running them from their homes. They end up in downtown also.
Canada's laws and fines against pet owners are extreme. Are they really necessary or is it government oppression?

Likewise, if they pass the new law you originally posted about against smokers... ???

We Americans have lost sight of why people fled Europe and what our Constitution is about. I personally have not researched Canada's government but they have a different system of government... it seems to be very authoritarian...

Personally, I want to live in a free society.

Old 11-22-2007, 06:26 PM

180 posts, read 538,972 times
The government does not have the right to ban smoking in a PRIVATE vehicle. If you want that, move to China.

Old 11-22-2007, 08:18 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,452,584 times
Quote:
Canada's laws and fines against pet owners are extreme. Are they really necessary or is it government oppression?

Likewise, if they pass the new law you originally posted about against smokers... ???

We Americans have lost sight of why people fled Europe and what our Constitution is about. I personally have not researched Canada's government but they have a different system of government... it seems to be very authoritarian...

Personally, I want to live in a free society.
Yes, I just find that I might applaud a law because it suits my needs, but whenever one might target me in some direct or indirect way, it makes me crazy. I don't know where to draw the line here because we don't want anarchy either. I'd like to think people behave the right way if given a context of mutual respect.

As an aside on the pet issue, we really wanted to keep our 2 cats indoors at all times, but one of them has figured out how to get out of a screen door off a "Florida" room. Once cats have a taste of outside, it's difficult to rein them back in, but I can't risk an accident in the street, so I *do* want to get the cat back indoors, but *not* because of my HOA, more in spite of the HOA.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:56 PM

9 posts, read 23,587 times
Default What an idiot

Hey, I've got a wonderful idea. Let's pass a law that says the Gov't can follow you through the grocery store and arrest you when you buy foods like potatoe chips, candy bars, gum, white bread, white rice, sugar laden cereal, frozen foods, margarine (one molecule away from plastic), and other things that you buy for the kiddo's. Pleeze!!!!! While we're at it, I think all parents that put a child in a riding vehicle should go to jail because we all know that toxic emmissions from our cars are wonderful for their little lungs. Let's arrest parents that give their children water laden with so many carcinogens that it isn't fit for human consumption. Let's arrest the cafateria workers at school that feed our children crap that most hogs wouldn't eat. We could arrest the vending machine workers that serve pepsi at our schools. Then we could arrest all employees at Wal-Mart, Target, Sams, that put that crap on the shelves that we buy to feed to the kiddos. Then we could ban all consession stands at ball games that serve our kids frito-chili pies, and snow cones. Yes, let's arrest people like you that talk so stupid.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMarketSlave View Post
If parents and other adults don't care enough about their children then clearly someone else has to step in.

The gov has agencies that could handle these terrible parents and remove the neglected children from them. They just need the go ahead to implement it. Not only should smokers children be taken from them, i believe obese children should be removed also. Mobile homes let off gases that are harmful for developing lungs, the children should be removed from those terrible surroundings also. We just need to mobilize and all come together to save these poor children from such heinous inept parents, and the torture they put the kids through. I really don't believe low income parents should be allowed to have, or raise children because the kids will grow up thinking just like the parents. Why should children be stuck in a home that has dangerous guns in it? For gods sake, get the children out of that home before they get shot.The gov knows what is best for us, we sure don't, the people just need to be instructed and guided, and a little enforcement put into place. It is too late for a lot of children at this moment in time, but we could help future children if we practiced some form of eugenics. I think everyone should vote Hillary in, she has our best interests at heart, and knows what is best for our children. California is an exemplary state, and i commend Pelosi on the fine job she has done.

I could go on and on, but, do you get my point?

Yes, we get the point about smoking in a car with children. Hey, I've got a wonderful idea. Let's pass a law that says the Gov't can follow you through the grocery store and arrest you when you buy foods like potatoe chips, candy bars, gum, white bread, white rice, sugar laden cereal, frozen foods, margarine (one molecule away from plastic), and other things that you buy for the kiddo's. Pleeze!!!!! While we're at it, I think all parents that put a child in a riding vehicle should go to jail because we all know that toxic emmissions from our cars are wonderful for their little lungs. Let's arrest parents that give their children water laden with so many carcinogens that it isn't fit for human consumption. Let's arrest the cafateria workers at school that feed our children crap that most hogs wouldn't eat. We could arrest the vending machine workers that serve pepsi at our schools. Then we could arrest all employees at Wal-Mart, Target, Sams, that put that crap on the shelves that we buy to feed to the kiddos. Then we could ban all consession stands at ball games that serve our kids frito-chili pies, and snow cones. Yes, let's arrest people like you that talk so stupid.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 AM

Default Too stupid to be an opinion

Quote:
I get your message FreeMarketSlave... and, you're right!
FreeMarketSlave is not realitic, he/she/it is a complete idiot. This does not even qualify as an opinion. It's rediculous. FreeMarketSlave must be from another planet.

SDavis

Old 06-08-2008, 09:57 AM

164 posts, read 532,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMarketSlave View Post
I really don't believe low income parents should be allowed to have, or raise children because the kids will grow up thinking just like the parents........... It is too late for a lot of children at this moment in time, but we could help future children if we practiced some form of eugenics. I think everyone should vote Hillary in, she has our best interests at heart, and knows what is best for our children. California is an exemplary state, and i commend Pelosi on the fine job she has done.

I could go on and on, but, do you get my point?

What drugs are you on? Low income people shouldn't have kids?
Eugenics - are you serious?

Old 06-08-2008, 12:31 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,579,953 times
I would be happy to see smoking banned everywhere! What a nasty pointless dumb habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or