U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:14 AM

13,107 posts, read 24,913,729 times

Advertisements

People need to learn to mind their own business!!
Non smokers are winning...many states now have smoking bans why do they need to now butt into private lives and don't give me that it's for the kids crappola.

Do you drive a car??? If so you are doing far more damage then someone smoking in a car.....think of all the pollutants especially in urban areas...

People....get a freakin life and stop sticking your noses into private business....
Sheesh I really detest these self righteous b@$t@rd$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 10:06 AM

103 posts, read 407,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I believe Free Market Slave was speaking tongue in cheek...making fun of the absurdity of such a law so why stop there
You're right, i was being totally absurd.

It's a slippery slope we are on here.
I'm surprised insurance companies haven't denied coverage based on weight yet, that's coming too.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:02 AM

4,114 posts, read 9,238,906 times
I don't want smoking to be banned in vehicles with children. I would like to see prosecution for cases where the driver's decision thereof has tangibly resulted in serious harm to the child. Wait...that can be done already by bringing forth charges of child abuse.

Think about it. Government has infringed our lives in so many ways. Can't legally buy or use tobacco products until age 18 (I've only smoked three cigars ever.) Can't legally buy or drink alcohol until age 21 (okay, I tried my first beer at age 20.) Pot is illegal (I've never tried that.) We have to wear seat belts (I wear mine only b/c I don't want to get ticketed.) At least Kentucky has made some progress and repealed the law mandating helmet use on motorcyclists age 21 and above.

So, those things said, I really think the idea of banning smoking in vehicles in any capacity is absurd. Our privilege to live as we please should be hard fought for so that federal and state entities don't breach their Constitutions. Are we really so willing to continuously rescind our freedoms, unprecedented at the time of our state's and country's foundings, for the perceived notion of "safety" and "care"?

So sad many people's arguments are for supporting such a law.

Old 06-12-2008, 12:20 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,964,144 times
I thought this was cute from the Southern belle store:

http://www.southernbellestore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SB004A-3.jpg (broken link)

Old 06-12-2008, 12:53 PM

13,107 posts, read 24,913,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post

http://www.southernbellestore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SB004A-3.jpg (broken link)

reps to you!
Love it

Old 06-12-2008, 06:16 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,119,753 times
Quote:
Non smokers are winning...many states now have smoking bans why do they need to now butt into private lives and don't give me that it's for the kids crappola.

Do you drive a car??? If so you are doing far more damage then someone smoking in a car.....think of all the pollutants especially in urban areas...

People....get a freakin life and stop sticking your noses into private business....
reps for you.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:19 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,119,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post

http://www.southernbellestore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/SB004A-3.jpg

(broken link)
Tried to rep you but I gotta spread it around some.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:19 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,238,906 times
Quote:

That's more blunt than I would have put it, but I agree with you.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:11 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,964,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Tried to rep you but I gotta spread it around some.
Why thank you anyway!

Old 06-14-2008, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 7,026 times
I currently live in AZ where the laws are becoming very strict Thank God! Smoking kills & that's the bottom line, whether it's second hand or first hand. They say that for every four cig.'s smoked around a child it's like the child smoking one by just being in the room. I was wondering how is it in Kentucky these days, are they starting to crack down on people smoking in public places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or