Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:29 PM

156 posts, read 631,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman1 View Post
I don't think that I have seen a confederate flag in Northern Kentucky....ever. I am sure they exist but give me a break. Also, It's not a source of regional pride. I can't say I have heard anyone even bring up the civil war other than when I was in history class. Drive around park hills, fort mitchell, edgewood, villa hills, triple crown, fort thomas..etc and see if you find any...or for that matter a "hillbilly". Good Luck. Check the schools out in those areas as well...they are the best in the state. I don't know what the cincy uk guy is talking about but since he has cincy on his title how much can you really believe the guy anyway. Seriously good luck finding those toothless people anywhere around northen kentucky. That's funny and idiotic.
Dude, have you ever been here? You are totally over exaggerating what I am saying anyway... i'm not a "hillbilly" and i'm not even really sure what that word means. The only people who use that around here are stuck up - don't be that guy. Just because we hunt, fish and go to kentucky speedway does not make us have less class than anyone else. Also, just to clarify i'm from NKY and grew up on a ranch but I also consider myself also a cincinnatian because NKY is part of cincinnati, make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 09:10 AM

145 posts, read 518,427 times
I've lived there for about 28 years...so I think I know what i'm talking about. Like I said in 28 years I haven't seen these confederate flags or toothless people you are talking about. For that matter I don't think I even know of anyone who has gone to the speedway although I'm sure plenty do. You think I have exagerated...you said some goofy things that don't seem to make a lot of sence. I have no problem with anyone hunting or fishing...I do both but you are portraying the area like it is some place deep in south eastern kentucky when like you said it is more like cincinnatti.

Old 01-12-2008, 05:20 PM

156 posts, read 631,107 times
My guess is you're not born in the bluegrass, tell me I'm wrong. what does being in cincy have to do with it? Did I ever say people don't have teeth?... I sure happen to have all mine.

whatever dude, this is stupid i'm not arguing anymore, it is what it is, and as much as you and your "progressive" minded friends (I know who yall are, i've seen that stuff around) would like to change it... it is what it is.

Old 01-13-2008, 08:34 AM

145 posts, read 518,427 times
i'm sorry cincy uk...I thought you were the one making the hillbilly comments...it was mike somebody from re reading the threads. I apologize for the comments..they don't make sense because they don't apply to you. He mentioned hillbillies and no teeth. For the record though I was born at st. elizabeth hospital and lived in northen kentucky my whole life and I don't know why you think I am progressive or have friends that are.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 AM

30 posts, read 118,487 times
I wouldn't have stated it quite like Mike but of all the states I've lived or visited in... Kentucky is very populated with hillbillies. Many proud of it. If you're from out west or other such states you will notice it instantly. I don't think most even realize they're um, backwoods because they never leave KY. Well, some visit OH or IN and TN but there you go. Winters are wet, windy, gray and longggggg. Summers are humid and BUGGY!
And someone having a negative or differing opinion than your own doesn't constitute trolling, but it does make you bias for saying so.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:03 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat14 View Post
I wouldn't have stated it quite like Mike but of all the states I've lived or visited in... Kentucky is very populated with hillbillies. Many proud of it. If you're from out west or other such states you will notice it instantly. I don't think most even realize they're um, backwoods because they never leave KY. Well, some visit OH or IN and TN but there you go. Winters are wet, windy, gray and longggggg. Summers are humid and BUGGY!
And someone having a negative or differing opinion than your own doesn't constitute trolling, but it does make you bias for saying so.
Well if being a Kentuckian and acting as a Kentuckian makes me a "hillbilly" then I too am proud

Old 01-22-2009, 09:13 PM

154 posts, read 533,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat14 View Post

You have no idea what you are talking about. My Granparents are from Southern California, when they moved here they loved it. Tell me something please, if you live in the middle of any state and you drive to the middle of another, who can't tell they are in a diffrent culture? I'm not sure where out west you are from, but ever state there has something wrong. Do you live in AZ, NM, Southern Cal? If so you think I cant notice people that have are there Illegally. Or maybe Utah, CO, OR, WA, MY, WY, or N Cal? If so no room to talk there, some of the most rural areas I have ever seen are there, even more so than KY, I mean who likes to drive 90+ miles to the nearist Lows? Nothing is wrong with these states, or the people there, just like here. So to say it is "backwoods", not really sure what the point in that was, is not only rude, but shows the lack of intelligence/knowledge you have about other locations. Looks like your the one who does't "get out much". (ps if I left out any letter "U" sorry, it gets stuck lol)

Old 01-22-2009, 09:15 PM

154 posts, read 533,709 times
Mt*

Old 01-22-2009, 09:37 PM

56 posts, read 161,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtrees_are_kool View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about. My Granparents are from Southern California, when they moved here they loved it. Tell me something please, if you live in the middle of any state and you drive to the middle of another, who can't tell they are in a diffrent culture? I'm not sure where out west you are from, but ever state there has something wrong. Do you live in AZ, NM, Southern Cal? If so you think I cant notice people that have are there Illegally. Or maybe Utah, CO, OR, WA, MY, WY, or N Cal? If so no room to talk there, some of the most rural areas I have ever seen are there, even more so than KY, I mean who likes to drive 90+ miles to the nearist Lows? Nothing is wrong with these states, or the people there, just like here. So to say it is "backwoods", not really sure what the point in that was, is not only rude, but shows the lack of intelligence/knowledge you have about other locations. Looks like your the one who does't "get out much". (ps if I left out any letter "U" sorry, it gets stuck lol)

lol darn strait. I think you just took the words out of 1,000,000 others. BTW desert you are rude!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:19 AM

14 posts, read 67,307 times
Theres definitely rebel flags on a lot of peoples plates on both sides of the river if you pay attention. One of my neighbors got one. There even used to be a big flag on someones house by the projects for many years. You not ever seeing one might be from a lack of observation. Thats whats good about Nor Ky though. If I want to hang with red necks I have that choice. We all need to have that option in our lives and I feel sorry for the people who don't. They'll never know the joys of getting wasted and playing cornhole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky