U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-19-2006, 11:46 AM

25 posts, read 68,742 times
Default Bowling Green Schools and Living areas

Hello All

Potentially moving to Bowling Green from Michigan. We have 4 kids in school ranging from Elementary to HS. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to live and the best schools in the area? I looked at Greenwood HS and it looks comperable to the school my oldest attends in Michigan, but always hard to tell.

I need some Quick advice - a decision may be on the horizon

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2006, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyk View Post
Hello All

Potentially moving to Bowling Green from Michigan. We have 4 kids in school ranging from Elementary to HS. Does anyone have a suggestion on where to live and the best schools in the area? I looked at Greenwood HS and it looks comperable to the school my oldest attends in Michigan, but always hard to tell.

I need some Quick advice - a decision may be on the horizon

Thanks!!!

I attended Greenwood HS several years ago, and it was a good school with high educational standards and a lot of extracurricular opportunities. They also have a good program for students who are seeking even more challenging classes with several Honors and AP courses. However there are some negatives to GHS, too. When I attended (1992-1996) the cultural diversity was severely lacking. If you are looking for a diverse school, Bowling Green High (a city school) is a good one. They also are a good school for studies, too. Also if your children are into football, Greenwood has never been a good team. Soccer they excell in, and basketball is sometimes good and sometimes not. I have no idea about baseball/softball. If your children are musical, Greenwood has a good band program. They also have a lot of clubs and organizations that your children could take part in.

The Jr. High that is a feed-in for Greenwood High is Drakes Creek Middle School. I don't have much information on that one despite having attended.

Please keep in mind that this information may be outdated. I atteneded over 10 years ago, and my youngest brother graduated from GHS 3.5 years ago. Things may have changed.

Old 10-22-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Anything more

Is there anything more you can tell me about the area?

The info you posted was helpfull

Thanks!!!

A

Old 10-27-2006, 06:51 AM

Default Bowling Green - Forbes top places to live

I notice that there are two school systems. One Independent and the other is Warren County. Which is better? BG was supposed to be rated one of the better places to live in the country. Is this true?

Thanks!!!!!

Old 10-28-2006, 07:04 PM

4 posts, read 16,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyk View Post
I notice that there are two school systems. One Independent and the other is Warren County. Which is better? BG was supposed to be rated one of the better places to live in the country. Is this true?

Thanks!!!!!
I have lived in Bowling Green most of my life and have two school-age children. If you have children in high school or middle school, I recommend the Warren County School System. Greenwood High School has an excellent academic and athletic program. I have heard a lot of good things about Drakes Creek Middle School as well. There are also several good elementary schools in this district. The Bowling Green Independent School district is smaller but they also have several really good elementary schools. You can get a lot of valuable information about the individual schools by going to the Kentucky Department of Education website. The school reports will give you information about recent test scores, demographics and academic programs.

Most of the newer homes in the city will be in the Warren County School district. Most of the homes in the Bowling Green Independent School district are older homes.

Bowling Green is a wonderful place to live. I'm sure you would love it here.

Old 11-25-2006, 10:03 AM

10 posts, read 43,172 times
Default good place

Bowling Green is a great place I visit there several times a year and i;m pretty impressed. I live in Hoptown a pretty good city decent shopping but high crime rate. Bowling Green schools are well known in the state both acadmics and athletics. Also there is a nice atmosphere and people are friendly. In Bowling Green though there are periods of crime spikes but thats expected everywhere in America today. Theres a great mall a lot of stores and good food court many strip malls Western Kentucky Unjversity and Beech Bend and Mammoth Cave the largest cave in the world is about 25 miles to the north in near Brownsville Ky which is a pretty nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky