U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 04:51 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,387,419 times

Advertisements

kentucky attitude-"i've lived here all my life and love it. i went across state lines once and didn't care for it. all those big city folk with thier educations and good grammar just rubbed me wrong. I much prefer the variety of not ever trying anything new. it's that kind of variety that keeps me in the same county for my entire life."

almost forgot.. "if you don't like it, get out"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 10:56 AM

10,510 posts, read 8,428,809 times
kytoaz attitude:

Negatively stereotype all residents and natives of a state I do not care for personally, continue to write similar derogatory posts at every opportunity, criticize others' grammar while failing to punctuate, capitalize, or correctly spell words in my own posts, and fail to see that my own judgmentalism and limited interests may have anything to do with my perceptions.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
kytoaz attitude:

Negatively stereotype all residents and natives of a state I do not care for personally, continue to write similar derogatory posts at every opportunity, criticize others' grammar while failing to punctuate, capitalize, or correctly spell words in my own posts, and fail to see that my own judgmentalism and limited interests may have anything to do with my perceptions.
my perceptions are based on a wide variety of places and people, and my comments are not always negative. I have seen and done enough in my lifetime to actually have a point of comparison, which was my original point. how can someone argue the superiority of a place when they have never experienced another? I see both the good and the bad here, and I think my posts reflect that. now if you want to insult my typing skills, you'll get no argument from me, I suck at it. so their! lol

Old 04-30-2012, 05:00 PM

10,510 posts, read 8,428,809 times
kytoaz: I was too harsh on you, for which I apologize. Many of your other posts have been spot-on, imho.

However...sweeping statements such as yours which led to my previous post in this thread get my goat. Avoiding terms such as "always", "never", "no one", "all", "none", "everyone", etc. usually leads to far more persuasive discussions, which are more likely to convince your readers (rather than getting their goats).

Pax?

Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM

understood and accepted. I also have a goat that is gotten once in a while, and usually by small-minded people that condemn and belittle any opinion that differs from their own. I over-reacted to them in the same way.

it's cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky