U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 10:23 AM

508 posts, read 1,276,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saagmom View Post
Hi,

I currently live in Northwest Arizona (high desert) and want to eventually move to Kentucky. Kentucky just seems so beautiful to me. Also, the temps and the four seasons are a big plus to me. Over all, the lifestyle seems less hectic. I'm sure in the big cities life can get hectic, but that is why I am interested in the smaller cities/ towns.

Anyway, there has been a lot of talk about how it is hard to find a job. What I would like to know about is the trucking industry. My husband is a diesel mechanic (a good one, I might add) and would like to eventually teach/ train in that field. Does anyone have any information about that area in Kentucky? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
saagmom
The state has a community college/tech system that offers courses/training in that area. UPS has its largest hub in Louisville so there is a pretty steady demand there. Not sure how often that jobs turns over as some probably stick around for the benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 12:52 PM

393 posts, read 1,713,522 times
Check out the State website for the area you are interested in.....Ky Dept of Transportation, or Tn Dept of Transportation......may be called something different in every state, I know by experience since I worked 10yrs for the state in the Equipment shop that they are always looking for diesel mechanics. They usually hire thru their website! So if you look for the specific state site, you will not only find mechanics wanted for the equipment shop but also for other type of shops related to the state, county and city....Try those for starters! If you can't find them DM me and I will look them up for you and give you the websites I find.
They have super good benefits...including retirement, plus whopper health insurance policies, and the pay is very good too. The mechanics do well there! Like I said also try the City, and the County sites for the preferable state, he might find something there.......!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky