U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 08:50 PM

13 posts, read 74,526 times

Advertisements

My wife was left disabled by Guillian Barre Syndrome, in June 2000. I took care of her for 6 1/2 yrs until she passed away on July 27th, this has almost been a total devastation to me. I try to stay in a good mood, but I have days that are just totally full of upset & heartbreak. Thanks for your reply.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 PM

13,572 posts, read 21,719,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdemon View Post
I just saw this thread I'm actually 46 miles from Louisville & 42 from Lexington. In Spencer County. My interest for basketball this yr has, decreased due to the loss of my wife of almost 30 yrs 4 1/2 months ago. This has been a very hard yr, I just find it hard to be in a very cheerful mood anymore.
Dustdemon, I am so sorry for the loss of your wife..I just hope that you have children and other family to be with you now and through the holiday...

Old 12-15-2007, 09:56 PM

13 posts, read 74,526 times
My children are all grown 2 daughters & a son, I also have 3 grand daughters & a grandson. My son is 26 & he's the only one that's not married, he came by & spent the night last night. My mom who is 85 lives 500 ft up the road from me, & she is here every day. She gets around to be her age, I live on a family farm of 96 acres out in Spencer County. My brother lives 3/4 mile from me to & I have other family that live on this road.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
My children are all grown 2 daughters & a son, I also have 3 grand daughters & a grandson. My son is 26 & he's the only one that's not married, he came by & spent the night last night. My mom who is 85 lives 500 ft up the road from me, & she is here every day. She gets around to be her age, I live on a family farm of 96 acres out in Spencer County. My brother lives 3/4 mile from me to & I have other family that live on this road.
You are blest with a lot of family close by..I imagine Christmas is a wonderful time of loving and sharing in your family...Your mother sounds like a wonderful independant lady..

Old 12-16-2007, 07:09 AM

6,749 posts, read 19,953,132 times
Quote:
I just saw this thread I'm actually 46 miles from Louisville & 42 from Lexington. In Spencer County. My interest for basketball this yr has, decreased due to the loss of my wife of almost 30 yrs 4 1/2 months ago. This has been a very hard yr, I just find it hard to be in a very cheerful mood anymore.
Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. God Bless you, I hope things get better.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:44 PM

7,414 posts, read 12,947,561 times
WTG, blue62! You say go big blue and you have green smileys! LOL Gotta make do with what you have, don't you?
Hello from western Kentucky (Sturgis). In case some people are wondering, there IS a western Kentucky past the line from Owensboro to Bowling Green! lol

Old 12-16-2007, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
WTG, blue62! You say go big blue and you have green smileys! LOL Gotta make do with what you have, don't you?
Hello from western Kentucky (Sturgis). In case some people are wondering, there IS a western Kentucky past the line from Owensboro to Bowling Green! lol

Here's yer blue smilies...Oh, and some fans are still BIG fans of Petino We want him to beat everyone except UK.....

Old 12-16-2007, 04:42 PM

7,414 posts, read 12,947,561 times
I'm a Murray State Racer fan. Maybe one of these days they'll get some coaches and do some good! Not up there with UK or UL but at least they dow something!

Old 12-16-2007, 04:49 PM

820 posts, read 2,592,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
about UK basketball, being a Minnesotan I can say we are glad Tubby Smith is our coach.
People are giving him time and I believe he will turn our basketball program around.

Perhaps Minnesota should also try to hire UK's football coach . We are in desparate need there.
marmac - Tubby and Donna Smith are wonderful folks! He's also a great basketball coach. I for one was saddened by his leaving and the lack of support he felt here. They did many things for our community outside of basketball. You're very lucky to have him there!

I live in Lexington. Nurse by profession. One grown child and one on her way!

Do not want Huckabee or any of the Republican candidates to live in the white house.

Dustdemon - So sorry to hear about your family's loss. Prayers to all of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky