U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:42 PM

13,570 posts, read 21,713,951 times

Advertisements

I notice that most of the other State forums have at least one thread they call their "chat thread" where they talk about just about anything they want to..They seem to get to know each other pretty well and it seems a nice idea. We don't have a thread like that in the Ky forum..IMO, this is a relatively small forum, and one of the best as far as helpful information goes...Basically, I just wondered what you all would think about a thread to just kind of introduce ourselves to each other, and a place to come and chat with our peers about whatever is on our minds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 01:31 PM

323 posts, read 989,039 times
Great idea blue! Ok here goes... I'm a Libra... recently single... LOL....... kidding.. ok

My biggest plate for discussion personally at the moment is Mike Huckabee... now I'd hate for this to turn into a political debate.. but I just want to say that he seems VERY impressive to me. And btw.. does anyone else seem to think he looks like a younger brother of Richard Nixon, who got hit in the head?

All teasing aside.. I'm really hoping he gets the nomination for the Republican party this year. Can you imagine how different our USA might be with no taxes but a fair tax... no IRS... a Baptist minister for president who holds morals dear to him, illegals being sent back home and made to do it the right way if they want to come & stay... border fences to protect us and our kids... and bringing american industries BACK to the U.S. to give jobs to AMERICANS instead of having stuff made in china, indonesia, india, korea, etc. etc. etc, and not having the cost of bringing the product BACK to America automatically added on to the retail price?

Don't know if this would all work. Frankly don't even want to get any debate started.. that's what the political forum is for. I'm just putting out there whats been on my mind lately. Thanks for the thread to do it, blue!

Oh and one last thing... my pity party..... "Why oh Why can they not show the 49ers on television in KENTUCKY?????????????? wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Old 12-09-2007, 02:18 PM

90 posts, read 316,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
I notice that most of the other State forums have at least one thread they call their "chat thread" where they talk about just about anything they want to..They seem to get to know each other pretty well and it seems a nice idea. We don't have a thread like that in the Ky forum..IMO, this is a relatively small forum, and one of the best as far as helpful information goes...Basically, I just wondered what you all would think about a thread to just kind of introduce ourselves to each other, and a place to come and chat with our peers about whatever is on our minds?
This will be a great thread, Blue. By the way, I'm "Unique Gal" from Pulaski county. I'm in Victoria ,Canada waiting for my Canadian husband to get his Visa, so he can move back there with me. I love getting on here, and reading all the threads, and getting to give my opinions too. Hope we get alot on this thread.

Old 12-09-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiree253 View Post
Great idea blue! Ok here goes... I'm a Libra... recently single... LOL....... kidding.. ok

My biggest plate for discussion personally at the moment is Mike Huckabee... now I'd hate for this to turn into a political debate.. but I just want to say that he seems VERY impressive to me. And btw.. does anyone else seem to think he looks like a younger brother of Richard Nixon, who got hit in the head?

All teasing aside.. I'm really hoping he gets the nomination for the Republican party this year. Can you imagine how different our USA might be with no taxes but a fair tax... no IRS... a Baptist minister for president who holds morals dear to him, illegals being sent back home and made to do it the right way if they want to come & stay... border fences to protect us and our kids... and bringing american industries BACK to the U.S. to give jobs to AMERICANS instead of having stuff made in china, indonesia, india, korea, etc. etc. etc, and not having the cost of bringing the product BACK to America automatically added on to the retail price?

Don't know if this would all work. Frankly don't even want to get any debate started.. that's what the political forum is for. I'm just putting out there whats been on my mind lately. Thanks for the thread to do it, blue!

Oh and one last thing... my pity party..... "Why oh Why can they not show the 49ers on television in KENTUCKY?????????????? wwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Hi Desiree, I Just read yours, and was glad to see the comment about Huckabee. In fact, I wrote a thread about his comment in 92. I think he would be great for the Republican party. I agree with you on the things about him. We need someone who holds morals high, and also no taxes- no IRS, that would be fantastic too. I hope to get back there in time for the big election next year. It's going to be verrry interresting! Being a writer, with nothing published so far, I love getting on here with my opinions. After reading my thread I wrote, let me know what you think about it. By the way, I finally got to watch a UK basketball game here yesterday. Hope they start playing alot better. wwwaaaaaahhhhhh!

Old 12-10-2007, 11:34 AM

9,807 posts, read 13,451,669 times
about UK basketball, being a Minnesotan I can say we are glad Tubby Smith is our coach.
People are giving him time and I believe he will turn our basketball program around.

Perhaps Minnesota should also try to hire UK's football coach . We are in desparate need there.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
about UK basketball, being a Minnesotan I can say we are glad Tubby Smith is our coach.
People are giving him time and I believe he will turn our basketball program around.

Perhaps Minnesota should also try to hire UK's football coach . We are in desparate need there.
Hi, Marmac..LOL I agree that you are fortunate to have Tubby Smith, he is a wonderful person and I for one miss him..Our new guy has a cute smile though

Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM

6,749 posts, read 19,949,119 times
Ok, I'll join...

My name is Missy and I am a mom of 3. I work at the zoo seasonally and am married t a great Irishman

Old 12-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Ok, I'll join...

My name is Missy and I am a mom of 3. I work at the zoo seasonally and am married t a great Irishman
Missy- hope Tubby can turn your team around. I wish Uk could start playing better. Maybe they will start doing better.
I have always thought I would love working at a zoo. I love animals. I'm sure you enjoy it. Do you have 3 young kids or teens?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:10 AM

18 posts, read 82,196 times
5 posts in and we are already talking about basketball. God, I love Kentucky!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyeric View Post
5 posts in and we are already talking about basketball. God, I love Kentucky!
And all the people said........GO BIG BLUE

I just love basketball, but I live closer to UK than Lvlle..and I always root for UL (as long as they aren't playing UK.)...

Last edited by Miss Blue; 12-11-2007 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: change content
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky