Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 08:54 AM

836 posts, read 3,374,435 times

Advertisements

Starrider434.. I think the whole country side of KY is pretty except for the inner cities.. Maybe you should take a drive to the areas you like to see what you like best about them.. That's what we had to do.. Its hard to judge a book by its cover unless to read it first.. Good Luck with your findings!..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie.woolums View Post
Hello,
I would love to tell you about my farm. It has 2350 sq feet, Formal living room, Formal Dining Room, 3 large bedroom, 2 full baths, jet tub in master, Large open kitchen, family room with Fire place, utility room with new 2014 Washer and Dryer. Front and back porch. 100 ft Tobacco Barn, Farm equipment. All on a dead end room, very private, nice and clean. (Call 502-803-5998) if interested. Pay off is $204,000, need something smaller, family member ill. Thanks

Sorry but NOT interested in your home in KY.. We are moving to another state! But good luck with the sale of your home.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,171,854 times
I almost get the feeling folks are itching to get out of Kentucky.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:09 PM

I'm not sure about that.. There are a lot of people moving into KY.. Of course our area has a lot of Military.. they are in and out..

Old 04-25-2014, 10:08 PM

7,069 posts, read 16,673,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Is the country side prettier outside of Louisville or Lexington? Always struggled on what city to live outside of...to be honest, if I were to go to KY. I thought a bit about Berea at one point as well, but seems to me like being outside of Louisville, in the country, is what I been looking at lately.
Imo Louisville surrounding area offers so much more

Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 AM

51 posts, read 76,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
Hi there don't know for sure If I will choose KY for retirement. But doing some research to help me make decision in next few months. Retired now, and in large city in the pacific northwest, and want out, from the horrible traffic, high cost of living, and what I am looking for is to learn about a few more rural locations outside of either Lexington or Louisville to consider, and what the better choices might be. Looking for a home with some acreage and 195k is as high as I will go. I cannot find anything in that price range on the west coast with a little acreage for that price, which is what prompted me to start looking at places cheaper and where I could have a little acreage with a decent home in my price range. The only place so far, I am aware of that seems nice, is...Berea. I would hope for:

homes with some acreage under 195k

friendly people

safe area without lots of crime and meth issues and problem's like that

pretty nature

driving distance to VA hospital (within like 50 miles distance to VA)

rural and peaceful area

place that is open to outsiders thanks for help blessings
We too are in the Northwest, So Oregon and are looking into KY for retirement relocation. I am trying to find info on So KY since we have a daughter in TN. Seems like most of the info is for the BIG CITY areas. Have you made a decision yet? We have a Granddaughter in Seattle now and while I would love to live there, it is too expensive for us with just SS to live on. We spent a year in MI due to the very low cost of living, but miscalculated how much we would miss the kids, so took a loss and moved back to the West Coat. Then THEY moved to TN. Go figure, so now we are stuck, with less money even, renting and trying to get info on yet another cross country move. Wish you luck and if you feel like sharing info, it would be appreciated.

Old 05-07-2014, 08:49 PM

I am still researching and still in the western WA area, one thing that is very important to me, along with low property taxes, affordable housing, low crime, and some decent nature,...is the friendliness of the people.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 05-07-2014 at 09:21 PM..

Old 05-15-2014, 04:57 PM

So not much in the way of nature outside of Louisville it seems, seems like Lexington has the prettier nature.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:20 PM

1,551 posts, read 2,775,847 times
You might consider looking into the triangle between Louisville, Cinncinati, and Lexington. Owenton KY is approximately 70 miles from each of those cities if you need a center point to reference. A good bit of this area is relatively sparsely populated and rural. People are nice enough, housing is affordable, acreage is available, scenery is to my liking, and critters are abundant. Interstates 65 and 75 to the west and east, Interstates 71 and 64 to the north and south. I had a house in this area up until a month ago, and will likely buy another when the opportunity presents. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 05-17-2014, 12:48 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,591,520 times
You might want to also consider the area around Springfield, Bloomfield, and Taylorsville, to the southeast of Louisville. It's within your mileage parameter, and it's one of the prettiest parts of the whole northern half of the state. I don't know much about the crime and drug issues, but I do know it's a fairly well-known marijuana growing area. I'm not sure how much trouble they cause by growing there, but it is definitely quite a cash crop in that region. Of course, that's largely because of the hills and isolated terrain that make it such a beautiful area, so it's kind of the price you have to pay for the beauty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky