U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 893 times

Advertisements

Ummm.

I like the idea of isolating cancer patients and heart disease patients.

Just like a lepar island we'll put all the cancer patients on an island. We won't give them food or water and.......

WHAT SORT OF RETARD ARE YOU!!!!????!!!

You are not even a part of this thing we are all involved in called humanity.

I am embarrassed that you mentioned the name of my country Canada. A humane country, a people who are progressive thinkers in our own land and abroad.

Shame on you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 04:19 PM

3,630 posts, read 7,247,289 times
OP,

I'm not going to call you a nut, but I am going to recommend you seek psychiatric help. You seem to have an overwhelming and irrational fear that you have HIV/AIDS. How often do you get tested if you are that concerned?

And yes, AIDS/HIV is a horribly devastating disease. But to use the AIDS/HIV epidemic and lack of treatment in Africa as a guideline on what you will be dealing with is likely making your paranoia worse. Treatment in the US, and I suspect Canada means that you can live a relatively good life with a much greater life expectancy than was found in '92. There are people who have been living with HIV for over a decade and show no symptoms of developing AIDS. If they are in a monogamous relationship (with someone who may also have HIV), and are concientious about not exposing others to the disease, do you really feel it is fair to sentence them to a life in prison? Taking away their freedom, their livelihood and relationships with friends and family? What if you had been diagnosed with HIV - would you think it acceptable to be punished for getting the disease?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:13 PM

90 posts, read 316,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
OP,

I'm not going to call you a nut, but I am going to recommend you seek psychiatric help. You seem to have an overwhelming and irrational fear that you have HIV/AIDS. How often do you get tested if you are that concerned?

And yes, AIDS/HIV is a horribly devastating disease. But to use the AIDS/HIV epidemic and lack of treatment in Africa as a guideline on what you will be dealing with is likely making your paranoia worse. Treatment in the US, and I suspect Canada means that you can live a relatively good life with a much greater life expectancy than was found in '92. There are people who have been living with HIV for over a decade and show no symptoms of developing AIDS. If they are in a monogamous relationship (with someone who may also have HIV), and are concientious about not exposing others to the disease, do you really feel it is fair to sentence them to a life in prison? Taking away their freedom, their livelihood and relationships with friends and family? What if you had been diagnosed with HIV - would you think it acceptable to be punished for getting the disease?
IT SEEMS I REALLY STEPPED ON ALOT OF TOES ON MY COMMENT. I, LIKE HUCKLEBE WILL APPOLOGISE FOR MY REMARK ABOUT IMPLYING THAT AIDS PATIENTS NEEDED TO BE ISOLATED FROM EVERYONE ELSE. I AM WOMAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT I SHOULDN'T HAVE MADE THAT REMARK. ACTUALLY, I WAS QUITE SHOCKED WHEN I READ OF THE CHINEESE MEN HERE IN CANADA BACK IN THE 1800'S BEING PUT ON THE ISLAND WHEN THEY HAD A TERRIBLE
DISEASE IN BC.
AND, I AM NOT PARANOID ABOUT GETTING HIV/AIDS ANY LONGER. I WAS ONLY CONCERNED IN 81 WHEN I HAD MY HEART SURGERY. AS SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE WERE AT THAT TIME WHEN THEY HAD SURGERY. NOBODY COULD BE ANY MORE HEALTH CONSCIOUS THAN ME, AND ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT A NUT, NOR NEED ANY PSYCHIATRIC COUNCELLING. I'M JUST ONE OF THE FEW ON HERE THAT JUMPED THE GUN AND SAID SOMETHING WITHOUT GIVING IT MUCH THOUGHT. BELIEVE ME IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.
I HOPE ALL OF YOU HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND WILL HAVE A GOOD NEW YEAR.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullyvan View Post
Ummm.

I like the idea of isolating cancer patients and heart disease patients.

Just like a lepar island we'll put all the cancer patients on an island. We won't give them food or water and.......

WHAT SORT OF RETARD ARE YOU!!!!????!!!

You are not even a part of this thing we are all involved in called humanity.

I am embarrassed that you mentioned the name of my country Canada. A humane country, a people who are progressive thinkers in our own land and abroad.

Shame on you!!!
I have already appologized about the remark I made of isolating all the Hiv/Aids patients on an Island. And, no Im not a retard. I made the mistake of saying something on here that I had no business saying and I'm appologizing to everyone of you. At least I am not too proud to admit I was wrong.
I am only a visitor here in BC, and I was born there in Ky.
If you are truly a Canadian, you should know its true about the Chineese laborers brought to Canada to help build the BC railway. The Canadian's told me of this and I have read about it also. The men that were brought into canada from China had Leprosy, and were put on an Island here in BC, with appropriate facilities. This was in the late 1800's. Maybe you are calling the wrong person a retard if you are a canadian and unsure of your canadian History. If you want to refresh your memory, I suggest you do a little research to see Im telling the truth.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:19 PM

6,561 posts, read 13,769,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique Gal View Post
When reading about Huckabee, back in 1992, making the statement about isolating aids patients, I decided to write a thread on it. I had heart surgery in 1981, and was terrified when reading of so many people contacting HIV-AIDS after having surgery. Since it can be transmitted through blood also, I was very concerned for years after my surgery, and 26 years later, I'm still concerned.
HIV/Aids is a very frightning disease and I hope there will be a cure soon.
When watching a documentary afew weeks ago, on Africa, it was quite disturbing. So many men in a tribe had HIV/AIDS and most had a wife with kids. Some of the wives and kids even had it too. They were just waiting their time to die. It was very heartbreakng to me.
When first coming to Canada a couple years ago, I heard about something that happened here. During around 1889 until 1922, there were lots of Chineese men brought to Canada, to help build the railroad. Many of the men had Leprosy. Not wanting anyone here to get it, they sent the Leprosy patients to an Island where nobody else lived. It had a hospital, and all the necessities the patients would need, and a grave yard, too.
It made me think of all the Illegals and legals that came to the U.S. to settle down over the past years, since the HIV/Aids epidemic. How many brought the deadly disease along with them to add to the high percentage already here? And they will keep continuing to come to our wonderful country, because compared to their home country, it is "Heaven".
I do agree with what Huckabee said in 92, about isolating the patients with HIV/Aids. Just like the Canadians did with the Leprosy patients from 1880's till they all died, on the Island.
It may slow the epidemic down some. And that needs to be done.
So this just may be an answer. How do some of you feel about it?
I only have two words for this post: asinine and ill-informed. I do appreciate your apology, but do your homework before you go making blanket statements. I do not know Canadian history, but the fact that they isolated people for diseases does not make it acceptable or applicable to HIV. In the US, we used to have slavery in the 1800's, but does that make it ok to reinstitute this barbaric practice because of today's subpar economy? I think not.

Humans are not monkeys, and we have no ethical right to isolate humans with a disease only transmitted through bodily secretions like blood, semen, or breast milk. Word to the wise: don't have gobs of unprotected sex (idealling stay with one partner who has been tested and is STD free) or become a heroin or IV drug abuser sharing needles and you will have no worries about contracting HIV. Furthermore, the risk of contracting HIV from blood transfusion is virtually nonexistant today with advanced blood donor screening.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
I only have two words for this post: asinine and ill-informed. I do appreciate your apology, but do your homework before you go making blanket statements. I do not know Canadian history, but the fact that they isolated people for diseases does not make it acceptable or applicable to HIV. In the US, we used to have slavery in the 1800's, but does that make it ok to reinstitute this barbaric practice because of today's subpar economy? I think not.

Humans are not monkeys, and we have no ethical right to isolate humans with a disease only transmitted through bodily secretions like blood, semen, or breast milk. Word to the wise: don't have gobs of unprotected sex (idealling stay with one partner who has been tested and is STD free) or become a heroin or IV drug abuser sharing needles and you will have no worries about contracting HIV. Furthermore, the risk of contracting HIV from blood transfusion is virtually nonexistant today with advanced blood donor screening.
It seems you may be driving this further in the ground even after I appologized. Your words of wisdom are all correct. Evidently, not many in our world practice them. I usually do my homework before writing any articles. However, maybe alittle too much wine when I wrote this one. Have a good evening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or