U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-13-2007, 11:06 AM
 
510 posts, read 1,540,662 times
Reputation: 177

Advertisements

What are the most affluent areas of Kentucky? But also desirable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-13-2007, 12:49 PM
 
145 posts, read 456,914 times
Reputation: 84
Northern Kentucky:
-Park Hills
-Fort Mitchell
-Fort Thomas
-Villa Hills
_Edgewood
_Triple Crown Community (union)

Lexington
-Chevy Chase
-Hartland
-Beumont
-(horse farm areas)

Northern Kentucky, Lexinton and Louisville all have very good areas...as I am sure some parts of eastern and western do as well though some might not see them as "desirable" due to isolation or smaller areas...where as that may be others cup of tea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 05:00 AM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,824 posts, read 12,422,962 times
Reputation: 2103
All of Oldham County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
 
2,050 posts, read 5,856,659 times
Reputation: 1371
Regarding the Louisville area... Anchorage, KY, is probably the most affluent area in the entire state. Prospect is another nice area in the Louisville suburbs. Closer to the city, Indian Hills, Rolling Fields and the communities adjacent to those areas are considered very affluent and desirable as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 PM
 
6,256 posts, read 13,089,934 times
Reputation: 2741
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc76 View Post
Regarding the Louisville area... Anchorage, KY, is probably the most affluent area in the entire state. Prospect is another nice area in the Louisville suburbs. Closer to the city, Indian Hills, Rolling Fields and the communities adjacent to those areas are considered very affluent and desirable as well.
Almost all of the riches zip codes in the state are in the Louisville area:

Out of the ten wealthiest zips, 8 are located in Louisville metro, and the other two are in Lexington (one of which is extremely small)

http://wealth.mongabay.com/cities/KENTUCKY.html


Far and away the wealthies cities in the state, and some of the wealthiest in the nation, are in the Louisville region, and they include Mockingbird Valley, Glenview, and Indian Hills:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highest..._United_States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
486 posts, read 1,667,014 times
Reputation: 146
Basically metro Lexington and Louisville are the most affluent area of the state. I think Anchorage and St. Matthews areas were mentioned already. I don't know Louisville as well as Lexington because well- if I need to go to a larger city, I always go to Cincinnati. In Lexington, most parts with zip code 40502 (Ashland Park, Fairway, etc.) are very nice and more "historic." There are some more affluent areas right on the Fayette County/ Jessamine County line (Firebrook and Champions area to be exact). As I said before I don't know Louisville very well- I can tell you a lot more about Cincinnati.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
 
1,727 posts, read 1,335,495 times
Reputation: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by teebird1012 View Post
Basically metro Lexington and Louisville are the most affluent area of the state. I think Anchorage and St. Matthews areas were mentioned already. I don't know Louisville as well as Lexington because well- if I need to go to a larger city, I always go to Cincinnati. In Lexington, most parts with zip code 40502 (Ashland Park, Fairway, etc.) are very nice and more "historic." There are some more affluent areas right on the Fayette County/ Jessamine County line (Firebrook and Champions area to be exact). As I said before I don't know Louisville very well- I can tell you a lot more about Cincinnati.
thank you teebird (for the mention)! I think Beaumont Reserve tops our zip code.

I don't recognize the top Lexington zip codes - horse farms?

PS - I'll send you a private message, I think I had a call, but I had turned off my answering machine because of some goofy young prank callers giggling and playing music. So I just know because of my caller ID. I'm making such a great impression.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2007, 06:07 AM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,824 posts, read 12,422,962 times
Reputation: 2103
Familymom, one of the risks of any simple question such as "affluent and desirable" is the amount of information you don't get. "Affluent" can be quanitatively measured by calculating the income from IRS and US Census data, but "desirable" is only in the eyes of the beholder. Becareful that you make a full list of what you consider desirable and then make a golf scorecard of how well a particular home or area meets your criteria.

It is amazing to me how well Oldham County wins so many times. Our location is convenient to transportation, entertainment, dining, shopping, and recreation. The educational community is second to none, and the odds are you will be living next door to a family with at least one college diploma, and many with advanced degrees.
One will find nearly every faith represented, highly involved citizens, and a very low crime rate.

Still, with all the attributes of the area, it may not be desirable to you as only your scorecard will indicate.

I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-15-2007, 07:21 AM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
486 posts, read 1,667,014 times
Reputation: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenmom7500 View Post
thank you teebird (for the mention)! I think Beaumont Reserve tops our zip code.

I don't recognize the top Lexington zip codes - horse farms?

PS - I'll send you a private message, I think I had a call, but I had turned off my answering machine because of some goofy young prank callers giggling and playing music. So I just know because of my caller ID. I'm making such a great impression.
That top Lexington zip code is Chevy Chase, Richmond Road, Chinoe Road. Let me know what you hear from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top