Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:15 AM

1,054 posts, read 1,857,388 times

Advertisements

Now chill out Boys and Girls, me and gman arunning for the most engaging poster contest here on the DC ($500.00 bucks no less). I don't know about gman but, I reckin I'm gona buy the babies their first pair of shoes Justas soon as they get all that baccker hund up in the barn. Theys gona be so xcited, I figer we'll ride into town on Saterdy mornin and go down to the dry goods store and get um. Reckin they make them Buster Browns in size 14? Nothin but the best for my young'uns.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 11:36 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,229,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Now chill out Boys and Girls, me and gman arunning for the most engaging poster contest here on the DC ($500.00 bucks no less). I don't know about gman but, I reckin I'm gona buy the babies their first pair of shoes Justas soon as they get all that baccker hund up in the barn. Theys gona be so xcited, I figer we'll ride into town on Saterdy mornin and go down to the dry goods store and get um. Reckin they make them Buster Browns in size 14? Nothin but the best for my young'uns.

I think both of you two need a good whoopin on the behind with a baccer stick if you ask me.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOldTime View Post
I think both of you two need a good whoopin on the behind with a baccer stick if you ask me.

What...

Old 09-17-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
What...
What am I gonna do with you?

It's called a "baccer stick" or maybe "tobaccer stick"
It's what they use to spear and/or hang Tobacco, and alot of other things as well....sometimes they can also be used in the garden, or, a nice little walking stick when walking back through the fields or the hills, folks in my family will grab one of these, especially when walking through a field that's got cattle in it to keep the cattle from getting to close and bunching up around you. I've even seen my family use them for the tomato plants.....they can be used for tons of stuff. Their use is for the tobacco but in rural Kentucky they seem to have a universal usage for alot of diff stuff LOL!

Down on the Farm: Tobacco Sticks...

Here's someone who takes these old "baccer sticks" and turns them into walking sticks....actually, I mjight like to have one of these!
http://www.kywalkingstick.com/TobaccoWalkingSticks.html

This is pretty cool also, it's made of "baccer sticks" LOL
http://www.lincodesign.com/tbkentuckyinlay.html

My goodness! Don't they grow "baccer" out there in Harlan county"?

Last edited by EricOldTime; 09-17-2014 at 09:31 AM..

Old 09-17-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
What am I gonna do with you?

It's called a "baccer stick" or maybe "tobaccer stick"
It's what they use to spear and/or hang Tobacco, and alot of other things as well....sometimes they can also be used in the garden, or, a nice little walking stick when walking back through the fields or the hills, folks in my family will grab one of these, especially when walking through a field that's got cattle in it to keep the cattle from getting to close and bunching up around you. I've even seen my family use them for the tomato plants.....they can be used for tons of stuff. Their use is for the tobacco but in rural Kentucky they seem to have a universal usage for alot of diff stuff LOL!

Down on the Farm: Tobacco Sticks...

Here's someone who takes these old "baccer sticks" and turns them into walking sticks....actually, I mjight like to have one of these!
Walking Sticks Made From 100 Year old Tobacco Sticks

This is pretty cool also, it's made of "baccer sticks" LOL
Tobacco Stick Boards - Kentucky Inlay

My goodness! Don't they grow "baccer" out there in Harlan county"?
Well...son of a gun, see Eric, you never get too old to learn. I would have never known...thanks. I would have posted a picture of Wolly Worm but, someone beat me to it.

I this turning into a Pi$$ing contest? I sure hope not.

We do lots a things in Harlan County.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Well...son of a gun, see Eric, you never get too old to learn. I would have never known...thanks. I would have posted a picture of Wolly Worm but, someone beat me to it.

I this turning into a Pi$$ing contest? I sure hope not.

We do lots a things in Harlan County.
Your from Harlan county? I actually just guessed LOL. I've never been over that far east but I'd like to go some day.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 AM

11,014 posts, read 17,385,947 times
Hogs, you didn't know what a baccer stick is? What are we gonna do with you? I never had to fool with tobacco till it was on the sale floor, but I do know what a tobacco stick is! lol Nothing like working around all the dark fired tobacco and having to wash your clothes twice to get the smell out of them.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:57 AM

Here's my great and my great, great grandfather in Kentucky working in the baccer patch... father and son

Old 09-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Hogs, you didn't know what a baccer stick is? What are we gonna do with you? I never had to fool with tobacco till it was on the sale floor, but I do know what a tobacco stick is! lol Nothing like working around all the dark fired tobacco and having to wash your clothes twice to get the smell out of them.
No, gman I didn't have a clue but, luckily I had Eric to feel me in, wow he never ceases to amaze me.

Thanks Eric

Old 09-17-2014, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Your from Harlan county? I actually just guessed LOL. I've never been over that far east but I'd like to go some day.
That's Bloody Harlan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky