Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 01:50 AM

9,606 posts, read 9,209,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
Hi there,

I'm visiting distant relatives in Hazard, KY at the end of this month, and wondered if Starbucks has any stores in the somewhat-close area? I did a search on Starbucks' site and it looks like Eastern KY is void of any Starbucks ?

I will be there for 5 days and study often in Starbucks, so was hoping to escape for a few hours a day and jump in a Starbucks for school.

Does anyone know if there are any newer ones not on the Starbucks site? Thanks for your help.
The incomes, demographics, and population are not high enough for a Starbucks there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 03:15 AM

2,926 posts, read 8,534,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
The incomes, demographics, and population are not high enough for a Starbucks there.

London has a Starbucks and has for years now. Also, Pikeville could easily support a Starbucks. That is, unless Pikeville already has a well established coffee shop already. Starbucks located in Somerset years ago but could not compete with the popular Baxter's Coffee, which was well established in Somerset at the time, so Starbucks left Somerset and now their former location has been turned into a Verizon Wireless store....

Old 12-26-2014, 06:26 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,749,776 times
Pikeville could easily support a Starbucks, or at least its "suburb," Coal Run Village. Pikeville is definitely an eastern Kentucky town with a concentration of upper income professional workers and a medical school, and it's a regional commerce capital. Interestingly, nearby Williamson, WV has a Starbucks.

I think Corbin, Maysville, and Hazard are other Kentucky cities east of I-75 that can easily support a Starbucks. Somerset, while west of I-75, is on the edge of southeastern Kentucky and could, in my opinion, easily support one again.

Morehead (MSU campus only), Ashland and London are the only eastern Kentucky cities that currently have Starbucks locations. Winchester and Richmond are technically not "eastern Kentucky" but are still east of I-75, and they have Starbucks (and they might as well be eastern Kentucky cities anyway given the clientele of people who live and work in those towns).

Old 12-28-2014, 08:37 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,534,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Interestingly, nearby Williamson, WV has a Starbucks.
As always, you post wrong information. Williamson, WV does not have a Starbucks. Do you have any idea how rural that area is????? lol dude seriously. Where do you get your info???

Old 12-29-2014, 05:45 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,749,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
As always, you post wrong information. Williamson, WV does not have a Starbucks. Do you have any idea how rural that area is????? lol dude seriously. Where do you get your info???
Well then Google Maps tripped me up.

Old 01-13-2015, 02:29 AM

9,606 posts, read 9,209,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
London has a Starbucks and has for years now. Also, Pikeville could easily support a Starbucks. That is, unless Pikeville already has a well established coffee shop already. Starbucks located in Somerset years ago but could not compete with the popular Baxter's Coffee, which was well established in Somerset at the time, so Starbucks left Somerset and now their former location has been turned into a Verizon Wireless store....
It's there because it's right off the interstate and a good stopping point for travelers between Knoxville and Lexington. The town by itself could not support it.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:05 AM

11,014 posts, read 17,385,947 times
Here's the list of Starbucks in Kentucky
Starbucks Locations - Kentucky Find the nearest Starbucks locations in your city
And for West Virginia
Starbucks Locations - West_Virginia Find the nearest Starbucks locations in your city

Old 02-12-2015, 10:08 AM

123 posts, read 188,580 times
During my recent trip to Whitley county, we looked for a Starbucks (only because we have gift cards from Christmas) and only found the one in London. I prefer DD but didn't find one of those...if we move there, I will miss DD and Chili's but not much else...

Old 10-16-2015, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 932 times
Pikeville needs a dunkin donuts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky