U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2006, 07:20 AM

26 posts, read 118,897 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Louisville area as soon as our house here in Michigan sells. Based on everything we've heard, Oldham County has the best public schools.

We visited the area this past weekend and were looking at a few subdivisions in Buckner. We drove past the schools--Buckner Elementary, the middle school & Oldham County High School. I know you can't judge a book by it's cover, but the high school appeared very old and pretty run-down. What kind of reputation does it have? Is it a good school despite appearances?

We've also heard that North Oldham schools are the preferred in Oldham County? Which elementary schools feed into North Oldham High School? Are these schools really better? What towns/subdivisions should we be looking in if we choose to send our kids to these schools?

I can read all about the schools awards, honors & test scores. I'm just hoping to find out some info from real people who have firsthand (or even secondhand) knowledge and personal opinions about the schools.

We want to choose an area to live where the best schools are located. We have three elementary-school aged kids and want the best for them.

Everyone who has already responded to some of my past posts has been extremely helpful! I really do appreciate any and all information. It is helping me feel more comfortable about our move to Kentucky.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2006, 08:31 PM

26 posts, read 118,897 times
Just trying to "bump" up this original post in hopes of getting some replies!

Thanks!

Old 12-04-2006, 09:28 AM

12 posts, read 37,540 times
Liberty elem .Wonderful old school small and great parent participation believe it still has the top public school rating in the state.You will love it .I heard N Oldham middle and high are top rated don't know for sure and I believe most of Liberty kids move on to those schools,but not all.

Old 12-05-2006, 04:57 AM

4,824 posts, read 12,476,629 times
Good morning. Your observations are very astute, but don't judge a book by its cover. Although there are the typical weak links in the management chain of Oldham County Schools, there are none to be found in the attention to the academic details. Oldham County Middle and High Schools are old buildings with youthful hearts. Inside of all the middle and high schools you will find technically advanced classrooms, teachers who have the opportunity to focus on teaching, and students from families who understand the value of education.

You might also wish to know that Oldham County High gets its turn at the construction wheel beginning in January as it will get a major overhaul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or