Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2016, 03:08 PM

3 posts, read 2,784 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am a single mom of 4 kids and have received a job offer in the Morgantown area.

I am seeking some input on the area to get an idea of where I should focus my search on. I would like to keep my commute to about 45min or so if possible. Don't have a preference on TN vs. KY side.......

A little about us. I have one kid in high school, one in middle, and one in elementary. They are all involved in sports and extra curricular activities. We are used to living in areas that have really easy access to amenities and things to do such as: kayaking, hiking, museums, malls, etc.
I love towns with nice downtown areas...think walking around strolling for unique shops etc. Love that!

Priority one is safe area!!!

Budget--- need 3 bedroom and for rent about 1,000 month. I plan to rent at first but would like to buy soon after getting there and that budget is about 150K.

I love old character homes but just as easily love newer homes. Prefer not to be able to see in my neighbors windows so a little more space between the homes.

Love stores like Trader Joes and Whole foods but it isn't imperative that I be right on top of one of them.

Would really appreciate opinions and suggestions. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 06:42 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Morgantown is a very small town. Bowling Green is a lot bigger with a population of 60k / 110k county and quite a bit of shopping. The nearest Trader Joe's would be in Nashville though.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:30 PM

91 posts, read 142,135 times
Yes, BG is massive when you compare it to Morgantown. As of yet there is no Trader Joe's in BG. I would say live in BG as you will have lots of the things you are looking for in the city. All of the schools in BG are good, and the work life balance of the city is good as well. As far as the rental price and home prices you mentioned, that wouldn't be an issue in BG. There really isn't too many areas of the city that are bad when it comes to buying houses in that price range, or rents in that price range.

Old 05-18-2016, 05:16 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
5family, can I offer a suggestion? Not talking about another area but about your housing. You want to rent first then find something to buy. Have you thought about finding a house for sale on contract? Just like renting, but, if you decide to stay there, you can sign the contract with your landlord and won't have to move all your furniture twice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky