Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,382 times

Advertisements

5 plants separates a misdemeanor from a felony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 02:14 AM

205 posts, read 587,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I don't smoke, but if they leagalized the stuff and taxed the hell out of it, our economic problems would be alot less than before. Just my opinion.
Wherefore art thou, Gatewood Galbreaith?

Old 05-24-2009, 10:34 AM

1,225 posts, read 4,453,904 times
^
I remember Gatewood Galbreath from my time in Lexington in the 1970s. In fact I went to a party at his old Northside mansion.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:03 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,086,783 times
I stumbled on a few marijuana patches during my trecks through the woods in central KY...glad I didn't get shot.

Burning IS the best way to get rid of it...

Have fun y'all!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 PM

2 posts, read 2,992 times
I live in Kentucky. Prescription Pills are an epidemic here, and many are dying from the Florida pipeline. Suddenly nobody cares about pot- bring it on, the politics are right, am I am a Christian. We need to first stop our people from dying THEN maybe worry about harmless weed.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:23 PM

407 posts, read 1,264,036 times
I am all for legalizing it. At least decriminalize it. Let the farmers grow it as a cash crop, tax it, and watch Kentucky grow in riches.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,808 times
We spend (err waste) an incredible amount of money and resources fighting the war on pot, a drug that is less harmful to an individual than alcohol. We have been made to believe pot is bad and does all sorts of bad things to us when used but much of that was bull**** propaganda or based on faulty tests and experiements that took place back in the old days. I can't believe as advanced as we are we haven't even considered changing the law based on real scientific studies & facts. It should be legal with age requirements and the product should have black label warnings of potential harms. There are far bigger battles to fight.....

Old 06-10-2011, 04:25 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Everyone with half a brain knows pot laws & the propaganda against it are complete BS. The problem is the feds aren't about to give up all of that power & feeding that prison industrial complex.

Pot laws have wrecked & taken more lives than the actual pot itself ever has. Speaking of that, weed's never taken a life in recorded history. Yet thousands dead every year from prescription drug abuse (hell, some are over the counter), alcohol & cigarettes. Makes sense.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:40 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryB View Post
Everyone with half a brain knows pot laws & the propaganda against it are complete BS. The problem is the feds aren't about to give up all of that power & feeding that prison industrial complex.

Pot laws have wrecked & taken more lives than the actual pot itself ever has. Speaking of that, weed's never taken a life in recorded history. Yet thousands dead every year from prescription drug abuse (hell, some are over the counter), alcohol & cigarettes. Makes sense.
Really does make you wonder what the real reason is for pot being illegal if they can't present any factual evidence why it shouldn't be more than a black label product

Old 06-11-2011, 05:02 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Really does make you wonder what the real reason is for pot being illegal if they can't present any factual evidence why it shouldn't be more than a black label product
Oh the facts are out there. They used it as a scapegoat to get rid of certain types of people back in the days. Racism basically. Then it just sorta perpetuated from there. Nixon releasing phony studies so to get it categorized as a Schedule 1 drug (like Heroin), then Reagan jumping on the moral bandwagon, tons of propaganda, commercials, etc etc.

It's actually amazing to me that people can let that BS influence them so much & not look at the actual facts. If they did, no one in their right mind would be for these pot laws. Its ridiculous.

BTW, there's a good A&E series called Hooked: Illegal Drugs And How They Got That Way. One of them in on marijuana. It's very precise & I encourage anyone wanting to learn the real factual history of this drug to watch it.

Hooked - Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way: Marijuana / Cannabis (Part 1 of 3)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky