Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2016, 05:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,183 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am looking to Move to Kentucky to be close to my Grandchildren, they currently live in Maysville. I am looking for at least a 3 br, 2 ba house that might have some property with it so i can grow a garden even a small garden on it. Also we have a 6 yr old Bulldog/Fox hound mix dog that is part of this family. It is just my son and myself and my step-son. My son is on disability, step-son is an amputee. Looking to rent maybe with option to buy. I would like to live at least an hour from Maysville. Will be looking to move sometime in 2016 and summer of 2017. Waiting on surgeries and Dr. to give ok after them.
Willing to go up to 1000 a month. Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2016, 09:44 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,810,670 times
Look at rentals in Cynthiana and Carlisle. Maysville is a very nice town - is there any particular reason that you want to be at least an hour away?

If you can go to two hours, many more options will be available: Paris, Lexington, and Georgetown are within two hours of Maysville. However, houses may be more costly in these towns (definitely more in Lexington, probably more in Georgetown, not sure re. Paris). Carlisle is likely to be the most reasonable, but it is a very small town and its hospital closed recently - if you or your sons need specialized health care, you might prefer to be closer to Lexington.

Gardening should be fine as long as your landlord agrees. Having a dog may be an issue for some landlords, but not all.

Good luck finding your new place.

Old 03-15-2016, 01:23 PM

14,676 posts, read 7,980,701 times
You can check out these:

https://hotpads.com/lexington-ky/apa...s-for-rent/map

Single Family Homes for Rent in Lexington - 124 Single Family Homes | Trulia

lexington apartments / housing rentals - craigslist

Rental Listings - 152 Rentals | Zillow

Lexington is a great city, I love it, but it is a bit of a ways from Maysville. Lexington and Louisville have many amenities,
but they are probably the most expensive places to live in Kentucky. I think you should be able to find something in
your budget range though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky