Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-29-2008, 03:06 PM

49 posts, read 188,965 times

Advertisements

we are looking to relocate to the Cadiz/Eddyville area and were wondering how the job situation is.. I work at home so no problem there. Wife is BSRN and still has a few years of work left in her.. ( dont let her see this .. She doesnt mind commuting up to an hour or can stay over nite for a few days in the area she works if need be... kids are gone so no problem there... just looking to slow down and enjoy life a bit... so question is I guess... How are jobs for RNs there and what can she expect as far a pay???? thanks for your help and insight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 04:57 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,408,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
we are looking to relocate to the Cadiz/Eddyville area and were wondering how the job situation is.. I work at home so no problem there. Wife is BSRN and still has a few years of work left in her.. ( dont let her see this .. She doesnt mind commuting up to an hour or can stay over nite for a few days in the area she works if need be... kids are gone so no problem there... just looking to slow down and enjoy life a bit... so question is I guess... How are jobs for RNs there and what can she expect as far a pay???? thanks for your help and insight
I don't know about the pay, my sister is a RN on Ft Campbell and does quite well. But I know there seems to be plenty of nursing jobs out there. I can not say if Cadiz or Eddyville has many, but I know Murray/Mayfield/Paducah seems to have ads fairly often. Also true for Hopkinsville, but I can't say I'd want to live there as I did for 14 years and glad moved away (no offense to anyone who lives there). You might want to look at Paducah they have some fine hospitals there, if you looking to be near the lake it's an easy commute to Paducah from the lake area.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:52 PM

22 posts, read 83,082 times
You might want to ask here too.

Kentucky Nurses - allnurses: A Nursing Community for Nurses - Nursing for Nurses

Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 PM

76 posts, read 343,282 times
We have a small hospital in Cadiz, but I know they are in need of nurses. I had a friend that just started there and I think she started at $19 + an hour. Also Hopkinsville has a larger hospital, Jennie Stuart Medical Center which might need nurses it is about 30 minutes from Cadiz. I don't know the pay exactly but I would think more. If you are looking for a slower pace of life you should look at Cadiz. It has a very comfortable atmosphere with friendly people. If you should have other questions just let me know, I would be happy to help.
I hope you have a blessed day!
KYHummingbird
katd@apex.net

Old 03-05-2008, 11:28 AM

thanks guys... the allnurses site was really helpful .. we have considered Ft. Campbell or possible the VA hospital in Nashville or even Marion, IL. neither are really within commuting distance but pay much higher than the local hospitals.. but then you have to pay to stay farther away from home for a couple of days... like everything else in life we will have to consider pros vs. cons and make a choice.... we really love the barkley Lake area and hope to make it our home for lots of reasons... I dont mean to offend you KYhummingbird,and I apologize in advance if I do, , but 19 an hour for a BSN or any other nurse for that matter, really isnt alot of money for that job..I know Cadiz has a small hospital, and like every other small hospital in the country that is understaffed, the nurses that work there are WAY over worked and WAY underpaid...... but it is a life style choice..I really do appreciate you taking the time to respond. is there anyone out there from Hopkinsvile or Paducah that could provide some insight into the nursing conditions there??? or maybe there isnt even a nursing shortage in those areas?? any insight would be helpful.... thanks again to all..

Old 03-05-2008, 03:32 PM

11,014 posts, read 17,394,742 times
Let me drop a little hint about the VA hospital in Marion, Ill. Stay as far away from there as possible! They've had a few problems there, including some doctor who has lost his medical privileges in a couple other states and wasn't licensed when he worked there.
Jenny Stuart Hospital in Hopkinsville has had a lot of construction going on. You can't tell me they won't need nurses with all those buildings there.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:04 PM

thanks for the heads up about Marion..IL .... that would explain why there are so many positions open there... to bad about the problems there.... our guys deserve better.. hopefully they will get that under control with some new staff

Old 03-09-2008, 07:39 PM

15 posts, read 58,168 times
Default Nursing in Hopkinsville

There are certainly opportunities for nurses in the Hopkinsville area. I know that Jennie Stuart Medical Center seems to hire frequently. There's also Trover Clinic, Western State Hospital, and a few other options.

I have a personal friend that places nurses through his business, Hudson Staffing. I don't want to cross the "advertising" line so I won't post his website. But, I know he's placed nurses at Jennie Stuart Medical Center. If you're interested, feel free to email me at carterh@hotmail.com.

I'd also recommend looking to live in Hopksinville. We've seem to hit a good spurt of growth over the last several months, housing options are strong, and cost of living is low. We're working hard to continue the positive direction.

Check out the local Chamber's website at Hopkinsville-Christian County Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development, Visitor's Bureau and you can get just about the information you need. As a disclaimer, I work for the Chamber. I know we'll be happy to help you

Best of luck in your search.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:55 AM

Carter.... thank you for the info.... we have visited Hopkinsville and we certainly consider it as a place of employment... I wouldnt have a problem with living there but our main reason for relocating is the Lakes and we are really looking forward to finding or building our lake house.. I'm really not much of one to live in town anyhow.. my wife says I'm turning into a hermit in my old age. I prefer to say that "I enjoy my privacy" Thank you for taking the time to respond and I will contact you via email.. take care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky